Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I ain’t retired .

I'm sure we'll let you in as a guest.^_^

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I went for a ride with my friend this afternoon. A bright blue sunny sky, it was nice and warm for a pleasant ride. We had to cut short our ride as my friend has a cafeteria fitted and my qr rear wheel kept on slipping.

I don't pull people up about their spilling mustakes because mine is abim, abymil, absmill, not very good, but I did chuckle at that one

I did think it would be convenient when out on a ride.

In other news, I dropped a piece of chocolate biscuit into my slipper. It made walking painful, so I took it out and ate it.

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I think I’m definitely going to look into Linux and Windows emulator as I get very annoyed with Windows’ persistent idiosyncrasies. My PC seems to become slower and slower with every update.

Using Windows reminds me why I love my MacBook.

Of course, if you have a sufficiently powerful machine with enough memory you can run Windows in a virtual machine. I use VirtualBox

My wife and I went to Tog Hill to see the flypast of the Tornadoes. It was a bit grey but I don't think we could have chosen a better spot. Quite a few other people had also gone there to see them .
IMGP9806.JPG
IMGP9808.JPG
IMGP9814.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP9818.JPG
    IMGP9818.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 13

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Well, I took the plunge and installed Linux Mint onto my machine as a separate partition from the original Windows. It took a long time to set up, but now it is I’m (so far) very happy. My only issue is I cannot get the sound to work (through HDMI to TV via GeForce GT610). It’s not too much of an issue as the PC acts mainly as a media server for the FireTV Stick (which does play sound). I have nVidia drivers installed but still no joy (or rather, no sound).

Of course, if you have a sufficiently powerful machine with enough memory you can run Windows in a virtual machine. I use VirtualBox
I saw this on the Linux App Store (or whatever it’s called). It’s next on my list to check out. I did look at something similar recommended on here called Wine, but that appears to be only for x32 machines where my install is x64.

Top Bottom