Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
My wife and I went to Tog Hill to see the flypast of the Tornadoes. It was a bit grey but I don't think we could have chosen a better spot. Quite a few other people had also gone there to see them . View attachment 453589 View attachment 453590 View attachment 453591
Scotland on Thursday 21st February
11.15am - 11.30am: Leuchars Station
11.30am - 11.45am: RAF Tain
11.45am - 12pm: RAF Lossiemouth

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm stuck indoors waiting for the gas safety engineer to come round and do the annual check. I want to be off and away though. Another mundane grumble grumble.

I hope they turned up - unlike the BT / Openreach charlatans who missed a second appointment yesterday at ours...:cursing:

My wife and I went to Tog Hill to see the flypast of the Tornadoes. It was a bit grey but I don't think we could have chosen a better spot. Quite a few other people had also gone there to see them . View attachment 453589

View attachment 453590 View attachment 453591

Shame it was just a fly past and they didn't do something exciting like a full afterburner vertical climb...

I wonder how much it would be to buy a second hand one? :whistle:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I hope they turned up - unlike the BT / Openreach charlatans who missed a second appointment yesterday at ours...:cursing:

Shame it was just a fly past and they didn't do something exciting like a full afterburner vertical climb...

I wonder how much it would be to buy a second hand one? :whistle:
I dunno, a tornado flypast is usually an entirely different experience here.

D

Deleted member 1258

Well, I took the plunge and installed Linux Mint onto my machine as a separate partition from the original Windows. It took a long time to set up, but now it is I’m (so far) very happy. My only issue is I cannot get the sound to work (through HDMI to TV via GeForce GT610). It’s not too much of an issue as the PC acts mainly as a media server for the FireTV Stick (which does play sound). I have nVidia drivers installed but still no joy (or rather, no sound).

I saw this on the Linux App Store (or whatever it’s called). It’s next on my list to check out. I did look at something similar recommended on here called Wine, but that appears to be only for x32 machines where my install is x64.

Its posible thats something in the settings, a check box ticked or something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

classic33

Leg End Member
D

Deleted member 1258

Well, I took the plunge and installed Linux Mint onto my machine as a separate partition from the original Windows. It took a long time to set up, but now it is I’m (so far) very happy. My only issue is I cannot get the sound to work (through HDMI to TV via GeForce GT610). It’s not too much of an issue as the PC acts mainly as a media server for the FireTV Stick (which does play sound). I have nVidia drivers installed but still no joy (or rather, no sound).

I saw this on the Linux App Store (or whatever it’s called). It’s next on my list to check out. I did look at something similar recommended on here called Wine, but that appears to be only for x32 machines where my install is x64.

Have a look in the software manager and try instalingl Gnome Alsamixer and see if you can sort it out from there.

Top Bottom