Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I need to go back to work for a rest!

My lawn's a complete mess so I brought a scarifier from Aldi on one of their specialbuys, plus a large box of grass seed from Homebase this morning in the hope of getting some new growth to make it look beter. I'd only done around 2/3rds before I had to stop due to having run out of black plastic sacks to put the grass/moss/weed debris in (there's 9 full bags to go to the recycling centre tomorrow!) and more grass seed is also needed.

My lawns are full of moss too, and walking down the road it seems general. Put down some weed/feed after mowing yesterday and then it rained, so probable a wasted effort.

postman

Legendary Member
Up very early.Bed changed,bedding washed now out on the line.A walk down in to Meanwood second tin of that crap Ronseal,this coat should finally cover the dark blue,reviews of this Ronseal confirm it's a wishy washy paint,but before i start i am nipping out for a bar of dark chocolate,energy you know,shed painting is hard work.See you all later.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Oh yes and the exercises I was given by the doctor yesterday
Inaction isn't really any good for a bad back, I can only speak about my own back but when it's gone into a spasm/pain/spasm cycle I've generally hit it with serious pain relief and tried to move around as much as possible. IMHO it's far better to take 'heavy' pain relief for a short time than to take 'middlin' tablets for ages........................less chance of getting 'hooked' on em.

Of course everyone is different and may have different problems but my back has had me laying on the the floor crying with pain

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Inaction isn't really any good for a bad back, I can only speak about my own back but when it's gone into a spasm/pain/spasm cycle I've generally hit it with serious pain relief and tried to move around as much as possible. IMHO it's far better to take 'heavy' pain relief for a short time than to take 'middlin' tablets for ages........................less chance of getting 'hooked' on em.

Of course everyone is different and may have different problems but my back has had me laying on the the floor crying with pain

My pain is mild doc didn't want to give stronger tablets yet just told me to keep doing what I am .

Ie small walks and exercises

Speicher

Vice Admiral

classic33

Leg End Member
The weather gets is wonderful
Swear filter working?

postman

Legendary Member
54524297_10213235570104212_8072925923764076544_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg
Costa Adeje Tenerife is a lovely place,but my oh my people are small.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Quiet ish day. The paint on my passenger side front pillar (car) has bubbled a bit with age and isn't 'adhered' to the metal. The car is 17 years old. Sanded it off and smoothed it out and have re-painted it. Turned out rather better than expected. Lots of light coats of primer, metallic paint, then lacquer. Let it dry and a bit of G3 cutting compound to bring out the shine.
20190323_151231.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom