Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Out on the motorbike

Still one of the hardest thing I have learned but absolutely fantastic to be able to ride one

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I opened the bedroom curtains this morning and had a WTF moment.

At some point while I was out at Brands Hatch yesterday, a new signalling gantry had been installed as part of the upgrading of the local rail line to carry additional freight. It runs about 100yds from my house and as it was dark when I got home, the gantry couldn't be seen.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Out on the motorbike

Still one of the hardest thing I have learned but absolutely fantastic to be able to ride one
Just booked to renew my CBT this morning with the intention of getting back into it this year. (I kind of lost interest after a rider was t-boned right outside my house only a couple of months after I got my bike.)

Just booked to renew my CBT this morning with the intention of getting back into it this year. (I kind of lost interest after a rider was t-boned right outside my house only a couple of months after I got my bike.)

We watch the 24 hours in A& E and it’s normally a cyclist , motorcyclist or someone who fell off a ladder

I cycle, motorbike and go up
Ladders!

postman

Legendary Member
Hey! I *need* my beauty sleep...

Heck if i needed beauty sleep.i would be asleep longer than Rip Van Winkle.

Saw a Red Squirrel! Little blighter scarpered as I approached a small church on Anglesey.
20190324_134312.jpg

Last time I saw one was on Brownsea Island in Poole when i was a kid. Apparently the grey ones have all but gone and the red ones are doing well. Will go armed with DSLR to capture the ellusive creatures in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.

Saw a Red Squirrel! Little blighter scarpered as I approached a small church on Anglesey.
View attachment 459200
Last time I saw one was on Brownsea Island in Poole when i was a kid. Apparently the grey ones have all but gone and the red ones are doing well. Will go armed with DSLR to capture the ellusive creatures in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.

I keep forgetting how rare they are in the UK: we see them fairly often here.

I have a similar lack of success photographing them though: they're fast little beasties.

Top Bottom