Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keeping on with this spring cleaning thread.Next job painting the woodwork of the house fascia boards and garage woodwork plus down spouts.Way back in 1961 aged eleven my dad told me he was taking me to work so i did not get into trouble during the summer holidays.He told me he was going to show me how to decorate.Well Colin i'm still at it at sixty nine,i hope i don't fall off the ladders.

Has it kept you out of trouble though?

classic33

Leg End Member
Currently at work fortunately now required at the moment. We have a swing dance event with band,[B and they wanted an extra pair of hands.[/B]

I have found two reasons I'm very glad I'm trained as a trainer and not a technician:

1: Minimum number of late shifts.
2: The tech is currently running around trying to find out where the contra bass he hired has got to: no answer from the company and no sign of the instrument.
3: This isn't my problem.
You should have asked, I'm sure a pair /set could have been got somewhere.

Currently at work fortunately now required at the moment. We have a swing dance event with band, and they wanted an extra pair of hands.

I have found two reasons I'm very glad I'm trained as a trainer and not a technician:

1: Minimum number of late shifts.
2: The tech is currently running around trying to find out where the contra bass he hired has got to: no answer from the company and no sign of the instrument.
3: This isn't my problem.

4: I'm finishing at 7:45 pm on Saturday instead of 2 am the following Sunday like my colleague.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
You know who you are!
Road Sign.jpg

They could have been posted. Self sign for delivery even.

That'd be handy...

I'll get me coat.

classic33

Leg End Member
Snowing here this afternoon, but not sticking. I had training this morning, then I had to do the job I usually do this morning this afternoon, so nearly a full day at overtime.
I stopped by Harbor Freight on my way home to buy a metric tap and die set.
I also brought home fish and chips.
What do ypu usually do in the afternoon?

Top Bottom