Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
What a nice day. Had a lie in till around 9am. Nice easy morning, then a circa 10 mile ebike ride into the countryside with my wife after lunch...popped Into mums (89) , home, then over to a fishing lake near Whittlesea to spend a couple of hours with our son and his partner watching them pull several around 5 to 10lb carp from the water.
His partner took the biggest after quite a battle...which of course made her day.

How can you have several hours fun for £15 nowadays ?...I might even try fishing again for the first time in decades.

classic33

Leg End Member
What a nice day. Had a lie in till around 9am. Nice easy morning, then a circa 10 mile ebike ride into the countryside with my wife after lunch...popped Into mums (89) , home, then over to a fishing lake near Whittlesea to spend a couple of hours with our son and his partner watching them pull several around 5 to 10lb carp from the water.
His partner took the biggest after quite a battle...which of course made her day.

How can you have several hours fun for £15 nowadays ?...I might even try fishing again for the first time in decades.
Misread that last piece and started wondering.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

I'm looking at a reel right now, actually. Shimano, of course. I still have one of those pocket fishermen from the 70's for bike touring.
PocketFisherman1.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
One downside of this dry (at least in this part of Suffolk) spell is that on my way home from Ipswich as part of my extended commute, I noticed that one of the farms has already resorted to using a water gun system to irrigate the field. Normally don't see these in use until much later in the year.

Top Bottom