Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Had a sort out in the garage yesterday. As part of that, and inspired by SNCF, I put large ceiling hooks into one of the beams and hung my bikes from them by the front wheel.

Very clever, I thought. Who knows, one day I might take one down and ride it.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Mixed up a little bit of English mustard from Coleman's mustard powder to go with the sausages that i will soon eat.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Had a sort out in the garage yesterday. As part of that, and inspired by SNCF, I put large ceiling hooks into one of the beams and hung my bikes from them by the front wheel.

Very clever, I thought. Who knows, one day I might take one down and ride it.
Cycle Touring Comission, International Touring Alliance, came up with the whole hang the bicycle from the front wheel directive,at 2:09. Here's a club special to Rugby on British rail in 1955.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I wasn't around then :laugh:

It's a shame you don't see that anymore in the UK, whereas it's commonplace elsewhere.
On our trains, it goes in the overhead luggage rack. I usually remove wheels and get a bit rinko with it so there's no fussing. My problem is, the bikes I tour on are all extended frames, 60-63 cm. Sometimes parked in baggage car, sometimes in rear vestibule, sometimes overhead. I think Amtrak is still trying to work this out. Varied rolling-stock, and, up until a couple of years ago, mostly baggage cars inherited from the private railroads in 1972, complicate things.

Top Bottom