Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Gentle family ride to Talacre for some chips. Mrs F's first ride on the BMC full susser. It's bouncy and the brakes are very good.

Stopped for a pint at the campsite pub, now sat outside at the caravan with a beer.

Got one old duffer comment 'another two cyclists without a helmet. They got the response 'they aren't needed'. Why does an old fat person, who has never ridden a bike think they know or should loudly pass comment. I am a helmet wearer, but not when pootling about.

Our average speed was less than 10 mph. Joy...

I don't wear a helmet, never have done, I occasionally get the comment, where's your helmet, if I bother to reply it's along the lines of, "it was on the end of my D*** where is supposed to be last time I looked".

woodbutcher

Veteran
Tis still Easter, just you don't celebrate Good Friday(And therefore don't get the holiday).
"The tradition of treating Good Friday as a normal work day didn't start until 1905 when the country officially became secular, dividing the Church from the state.

From then on, unlike the rest of Europe, French workers have been forced to treat Good Friday, called Vendredi Saint in French, as a day just like any other."[/B]
Blame the Germans!
All is now made clear , still no easter eggs though and l can't see the point of easter if l cant have easter eggs:wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
All is now made clear , still no easter eggs though and l can't see the point of easter if l cant have easter eggs:wacko:
You've to wait whilst Sunday, that's all.

"French Catholic tradition says that on Good Friday (the Friday before Easter), all church bells in France sprout wings and fly down to the Vatican to be blessed by the Pope.

So no church bells ring between Friday and Easter Sunday morning, because they’re all in Rome, obviously.

After their getaway to Italy, the bells return to France laden with goodies for well-behaved children — namely chocolate eggs. And then during the church services of Easter Sunday, the bells go crazy once again"

Last edited:

woodbutcher

Veteran
I don't wear a helmet, never have done, I occasionally get the comment, where's your helmet, if I bother to reply it's along the lines of, "it was on the end of my D*** where is supposed to be last time I looked".
If lm ever asked that question l will use your reply if l may ? Not sure if the colloquial term "helmet" translates as one would hope into French but hey nothing ventured, nothing gained !!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Its a cheek TBH. I wear it when doing proper MTB and my camel back has spinal protection (for past injury reasons), and when I'm pushing it, on goes the elbow body armour.

Pottering on the NCN5 with the family, no chance.

My son is still out on Mrs F's £2k bike.....

postman

Legendary Member
Im going to make do with a large bar of Cote D' Or and a cup of coffee during the day and another large bar of C-D'Or plus an equally large measure of my favourite whiskey not whisky in the evening :whistle:

fencing%202.jpg
i like this post,but i like your post even more.

Just took a very nice bread out of the oven. :hungry:

I do wear a helmet. When I had my unscheduled dismount before Xmas, I came off head first and the helmet (and the peak) took the brunt of the impact. The outer skin came clean off the rest, and there was a big dent where the peak got forced back into the structure. All I had was a 10p-sized bruise on my temple.

Anyways, as that's my baking done, I think I'm going to head off for a :bicycle: in the :sun:

Top Bottom