Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
My Easter egg,now resides in the fridge,i cannot stand soft chocolate.Also done a load of jobs this morning.Changed the bed.Bedding in the washing machine,now out on the line..Hoovered two rooms and half of the staircase.Washed the kitchen floor,been out and done a tiny bit of weeding ,Poured weed killer all over the drive,then i have managed two stints on the turbo 45 and 15 mins.I was up at 6-30 could not get back off to sleep,Mrs P was at work,she does an early turn at a local Sainsbugs.Three mornings a week,she says it keeps our holiday fund topped up.Oh and i might be cycling to Knaresborough tomorrow.

Our eggs are in the fridge, I haven't touched mine :angel:

Easter baking this morning.

Off to have a spot of lunch...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Gentle family ride to Talacre for some chips. Mrs F's first ride on the BMC full susser. It's bouncy and the brakes are very good.

Stopped for a pint at the campsite pub, now sat outside at the caravan with a beer.

Got one old duffer comment 'another two cyclists without a helmet. They got the response 'they aren't needed'. Why does an old fat person, who has never ridden a bike think they know or should loudly pass comment. I am a helmet wearer, but not when pootling about.

Our average speed was less than 10 mph. Joy...

woodbutcher

Veteran
No Easter in France, Secular State ,normal working day except in Alsace and Moselle . Cant remember why they are different.
Normal wonderful open market in Prayssac today ...Portuguese street food French cheeses North African spices , Spanish paella , fresh fish, cured meats you name it we have it, in abundance .
Plus, shopping over , sitting outside a cafe in the sun 23c this morning, coffee and brioche ....hard life :smile:

woodbutcher

Veteran
Gentle family ride to Talacre for some chips. Mrs F's first ride on the BMC full susser. It's bouncy and the brakes are very good.

Stopped for a pint at the campsite pub, now sat outside at the caravan with a beer.

Got one old duffer comment 'another two cyclists without a helmet. They got the response 'they aren't needed'. Why does an old fat person, who has never ridden a bike think they know or should loudly pass comment. I am a helmet wearer, but not when pootling about.

Our average speed was less than 10 mph. Joy...
I never wear a helmet , no law says l must in France and when l came of my bike once (in UK) l broke my wrist because like everyone else, l instinctively put my arms out to protect my ugly mug, I have no ambition to dive headfirst into the road so if l come off again l expect instinct will take over as previously !

Lullabelle

Banana
Washing is on the line, next lot is doing, wow it is hot out there :heat:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I have just been to the supermarket to buy some store cupboard essentials, milk, shallots, that kind of thing, and happened to notice there were 67 different varieties of mayonnaise for sale (yes, I was sad enough to count them all) but NOT ONE SINGLE POT OF HORSERADISH SAUCE!!!

Certainly not happening to notice.....taking the time to notice definitely. I take it that was 67 different possible jars and not 67 different brands.

Certainly not happening to notice.....taking the time to notice definitely. I take it that was 67 different possible jars and not 67 different brands.

With truffles, olive oil, yoghurt, dill, free range eggs, lemon, garlic, prawns and plain, big bottles, small jars, squidgy tubes, you name it! But horseradish, oh no, not even deigned the shelf space.

classic33

Leg End Member
No Easter in France, Secular State ,normal working day except in Alsace and Moselle . Cant remember why they are different.
Normal wonderful open market in Prayssac today ...Portuguese street food French cheeses North African spices , Spanish paella , fresh fish, cured meats you name it we have it, in abundance .
Plus, shopping over , sitting outside a cafe in the sun 23c this morning, coffee and brioche ....hard life :smile:
Tis still Easter, just you don't celebrate Good Friday(And therefore don't get the holiday).
"The tradition of treating Good Friday as a normal work day didn't start until 1905 when the country officially became secular, dividing the Church from the state.

From then on, unlike the rest of Europe, French workers have been forced to treat Good Friday, called Vendredi Saint in French, as a day just like any other."

Blame the Germans!

Last edited:
Top Bottom