Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Crap.

Just watching poor Tiggy round the garden at the van, and spot a bald patch on her thigh. Looks like she has been bitten. Wont be the other 3 cats we have as they leave her alone, but we have a few new cats at home. Just bathed it with antiseptic. Going to have to wait till Tuesday.

She's not having much luck.

Two notable holes in her leg. Will need vets treatment. Keeping it bathed and covered with savlon.

Vets Tuesday. This looks bigger than a cat bite.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Some days it just clicks
Practising the castanets again?

I've just come back from a little pootle. It is nice and sunny. I stopped several times to watch the wildlife. I saw a Yellow Hammer in a hedge but was too slow getting my camera before it flew off. I saw a Buzzard swoop down into a field. It flew back across the road just above my head carrying something in it's mouth. I couldn't see what it was except that it was small and had legs.
I took my Dawes Double Blue this time. 6 miles.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Wandered over to Deen Park today, not far for us, 25 miles.
Lovely private house, Brudenell Family home. As such no photo's allowed, shame as its full l of wonderful history.
Open Sundays and bank holidays, £12 per adult, or check website.

tea room.
Very warm again, and a treat to go in the house for a cool down.

Nice grounds, house and a basic tea room.

IMG_20190421_130913.jpg
IMG_20190421_130718.jpg
IMG_20190421_125258.jpg
IMG_20190421_121101.jpg

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I've gone a bit Casey Jones..... Steaming and a rolling.. Sun beer.. Big exercise.. :cheers:... Fantastic weekend so far

Had a quiet day today, but still stuff to be done; groceries put away, laundry done, take beers to my neighbour, pop round to see a friend and cuddle some kittens...

Just about to sort out supper - another yellow sticker special. Thai fish cakes, tiger prawns, rice noodles and a veritable mountain of stir fry veg. Adding ginger, garlic, 5 spice, soy and sesame to the latter. Should be good. :hungry:

There may be some salted caramel profiteroles for afters as well... :whistle:

gbb

Legendary Member
What a nice day. Had a lie in till around 9am. Nice easy morning, then a circa 10 mile ebike ride into the countryside with my wife after lunch...popped Into mums (89) , home, then over to a fishing lake near Whittlesea to spend a couple of hours with our son and his partner watching them pull several around 5 to 10lb carp from the water.
His partner took the biggest after quite a battle...which of course made her day.

How can you have several hours fun for £15 nowadays ?...I might even try fishing again for the first time in decades.
What a noisy day today :wacko:....
While we were out a lot of yesterday, the guy out the back was noisily DIYing all day and a lot of yesterday evening, up till about 8pm. Meh, not to be enjoyed listening to it but I guess we've all been there, slightly annoying neighbours.
8.30am this morning....power tools again :whistle: but thankfully only for an hour.
Then the family up the street had their kids in a pool while loud music played away...meh, I guess we've all had noisy family days. :whistle:
Then our family turn up as usual for sunday dinner...its lively, lots going on, I love it but equally am glad when you can sit back in peace.
Fat chance, no sooner they went, next door seemed to have visitors and a multitude of kids in their pool, all screaming noisily for a couple hours. I suppose we've all annoyed someone with a noisy get together :whistle:
So I said to my wife, shall we pop over Doreens, have a cuppa, see how she is ?
We got there, she looked glum, the garden was full of visitors and their kids, all noisily playing away. She said...'I've had enough now, I wish they'd all just go now :whistle:

Its Easter, everyone's enjoying themselves in their own way....but bugger it can be noisy.^_^

Top Bottom