Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Last year double yellow lines were painted on the road opposite our house because people were stupidly parking right on the corners which is silly and dangerous. There are 2 wardens taking pictures of 2 cars and issuing tickets, there is going to be 2 rather irate drivers.... Whatever your feelings regarding wardens and tickets these drivers are parked dangerously.

Had a chilled out morning, then a quick lunch, and then off to Tesco for an afternoon's entertainment.

Was the only one there waiting for final markdowns, so could pick and choose to my heart's content. Picked up some basa fillets for the cats and a guinea fowl, beef fillet, beer-battered cod and three nice pieces of cheese (two cheddar, one wensleydale) for me. Also got some extra fruit and veg.

Happy Reynard. :girldance:

gbb

Legendary Member
You can do that :ohmy:. We have to give at least 24hrs notice.
We're a small team and our manager is very flexible. He'll be more than happy if they can cover it, if for no other reason he likes the holiday allotments used up wherever possible. Equally I support him in that I effectively manage a whole section of the factory, leaving him to concentrate on other areas.

It's a give and take thing that works well. If he tells me it's a struggle, I'd go in, Its not an expectation thing.

gbb

Legendary Member
Last year double yellow lines were painted on the road opposite our house because people were stupidly parking right on the corners which is silly and dangerous. There are 2 wardens taking pictures of 2 cars and issuing tickets, there is going to be 2 rather irate drivers.... Whatever your feelings regarding wardens and tickets these drivers are parked dangerously.
I never get the traffic warden hatred thing, it's just plain hatred for the sake of it. They're doing a job and an important one. II've never had a ticket, perhaps I just obey the rules...hard cheese if they don't, no point complaining.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Humpf. The Mighty Algorithm has now decided the one thing missing in my life is an Opel.

Mind you, this morning it was a new version of Bitcoin.
I'm starting to miss the lady who came here a few years ago and told each and everybody on CC that she only lived a few miles away and was really quite keen to meet me. It must have been during a period of hot weather because she had discarded most of her clothes. I can't remember her name.

Lullabelle

Banana
I never get the traffic warden hatred thing, it's just plain hatred for the sake of it. They're doing a job and an important one. II've never had a ticket, perhaps I just obey the rules...hard cheese if they don't, no point complaining.

To be fair we did receiveve a parking ticket despite having a pay and display ticket in full view on show in our windscreen :dry:

Top Bottom