Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
About to ride the Xtracycle back from work, with a great slab of chipboard in the bag, this being one part of the wheelbuilding jig...
How big are the wheels he'll be building?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Successful 'phone upgrade' using the chat function on my supplier's app. New phone, 60x more data for £4 more a month. Still happy with my old phone but Voda couldn't match EE's 100gb per month sim only deal for £20, so asked about phone upgrade. Got 60gb and a new Samsung S9.

I'm not a big data user but we want to use the Firestick at the caravan (net flix etc), and the site's WIFI is terrible. We've got speed issues at present with EE down there - all my family struggling with EE downloads. My wife and son have EE 100gb, which is fine everywhere, except at our caravan. After years of rubbish signal with Voda, the last two have been fine when a new transmitter was put in nearby.

A nice :cuppa: and a jam doughnut after a very successful afternoon of yellow stickering in Tesco. Only me there for most of the afternoon, so had first dibs on everything.

Picked up beer-battered cod, fresh hake, squid, turkey breast (the furry girls will enjoy that), free range eggs, covent garden vegetable soup, yoghurts, coleslaw, green asparagus, white asparagus, fresh peas, sugar snap peas, broccoli, chestnut mushrooms, courgettes, carrots, green beans, spinach, a stir fry medley, papaya, satsumas, mangos, avocados, strawberries, raspberries, almond croissants, yum yums, jam doughnuts and portuguese custard tarts.

Goes nicely with the bits I picked up on Friday night, which included a roast-in-the-bag chicken, a pork shoulder joint, four fillets of pollock in batter, two stir fry medleys, bean sprouts, green beans, tomatoes, grapes, blueberries, two loaves of bread and some chocolate croissants.

Won't need to go grocery shopping for a good fortnight, so happy Reynard. :biggrin:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've placed a bid on fleabay for a cap(as in one for the head). The auction ends at 16:55:20 BS today. I need to be near my laptop in case someone outbids me and I have to increase my bid from £1 to say £1.50(plus 3 quid P&P).

Damn,i lost the auction!!:sad: I wasn't notified that someone else had bid. As the final seconds ticked away I thought it was mine with my £1 bid. If i'd known another bid had been submitted i'd have looked to see what it was then made a higher offer. The winning bid was £1.20 by the way. Lucky gits have got a brand new Adidas Denmark Football cap for £4.20!!

s-l96.jpg
:cry:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
My poor daughter. Let me tell you the story.

Since the her last Go Ride coaching session on balance and coordination, my daughter has been obsessed with practising with taking one hand off the handlebars for signalling. My wife took her to the park to practise while I popped to the shops to pick up my daughter’s birthday presents. I get a phone call, “Please tell me you’re on your way back...”

While riding with both hands on the handlebars, my daughter turned a corner too sharply, the handlebars jerked and the bike went over. The right brake lever went into her leg. She had an open wound about one inch wide in her right thigh. Fat layer poking up through the wound and a very bruised muscle. Off we go to A&E.

We went through in record time and my daughter’s leg is surgically glued together then secured with steri-strips and bandaged. She was very upset while being stuck back together (she is only seven), but has been fine afterwards. Total time in A&E: 50 minutes.

As is her injured due (as she tells me), Dad is now her slave. Bring me this, that and the other. Oh, and one of those too...

Top Bottom