Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My poor daughter. Let me tell you the story.

Since the her last Go Ride coaching session on balance and coordination, my daughter has been obsessed with practising with taking one hand off the handlebars for signalling. My wife took her to the park to practise while I popped to the shops to pick up my daughter’s birthday presents. I get a phone call, “Please tell me you’re on your way back...”

While riding with both hands on the handlebars, my daughter turned a corner too sharply, the handlebars jerked and the bike went over. The right brake lever went into her leg. She had an open wound about one inch wide in her right thigh. Fat layer poking up through the wound and a very bruised muscle. Off we go to A&E.

We went through in record time and my daughter’s leg is surgically glued together then secured with steri-strips and bandaged. She was very upset while being stuck back together (she is only seven), but has been fine afterwards. Total time in A&E: 50 minutes.

As is her injured due (as she tells me), Dad is now her slave. Bring me this, that and the other. Oh, and one of those too...

Ouch! :eek: I can't "like" that...

Hope the wee toot mends quickly xxx And that it doesn't put her off cycling.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Ouch! :eek: I can't "like" that...

Hope the wee toot mends quickly xxx And that it doesn't put her off cycling.
Thanks Reynard. She’ll bounce back. The first time back on the bike will be difficult, but she’ll soon get back into the swing of riding.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Our Memorial Day, so off as well. Started finishing work on my Falcon San Remo. I bought an airbrush outfit, as the Harbor Freight Store had a 25% of coupon today only, so that was a madhouse. I went home to fetch Mrs. GA out for lunch, but she was still unwell. I then went to get some support hose at the Tuesday Morning, and went to 5 Below (like a pound shop, everything $5 or less) to look for a low-rent fitbit for Mrs. GA. Finding none, I came home and walked the dogs, took a bike ride, turned around after about 5 miles as a big storm front was approaching, and cooked the stir-fry for dinner on the grill as the weather was getting really close. Tomorrow, I will go back to work, for the rest.

My poor daughter. Let me tell you the story.

Since the her last Go Ride coaching session on balance and coordination, my daughter has been obsessed with practising with taking one hand off the handlebars for signalling. My wife took her to the park to practise while I popped to the shops to pick up my daughter’s birthday presents. I get a phone call, “Please tell me you’re on your way back...”

While riding with both hands on the handlebars, my daughter turned a corner too sharply, the handlebars jerked and the bike went over. The right brake lever went into her leg. She had an open wound about one inch wide in her right thigh. Fat layer poking up through the wound and a very bruised muscle. Off we go to A&E.

We went through in record time and my daughter’s leg is surgically glued together then secured with steri-strips and bandaged. She was very upset while being stuck back together (she is only seven), but has been fine afterwards. Total time in A&E: 50 minutes.

As is her injured due (as she tells me), Dad is now her slave. Bring me this, that and the other. Oh, and one of those too...

Ouch. Hope she's feeling a lot better soon. She seems to be seeing the advantages of the situation though...

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
At least she's learnt an important life lesson, us blokes are useful when you're injured. :rolleyes:

As for the fall hope she is feeling better soon :hugs:

Ouch. Hope she's feeling a lot better soon. She seems to be seeing the advantages of the situation though...
Thanks. My daughter learns very quickly. The kids have the school holidays this week. It'll be a busy week :tired:

Top Bottom