Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Useful information if going to Africa: I'm too short to be eaten by a giraffe.

:laugh:

Likewise me. :biggrin: Although you might still get your head licked. They've got a hellaciously long tongue, and they're so dextrous with it, they can pick leaves from some pretty prickly thorn bushes.

It's at times like this I miss @MikeG :blush:

postman

Legendary Member
Back from darkest Lancashire,doing my best Son in Law impression.diy and cleaning and ironing for the aged in laws.I did go over to clean the weeds out of the brick driveway,but we just ran out of time.,i also found his shed felting is coming off,so another job to be seen to,when we go back next time.So since Sunday i see some fab photos on Your ride today,i also noticed some in my neck of the woods.i am going to look out for those two genteel gentlemen,The bikes are unique.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMTG42y0_XM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzDYdulJf3U

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkLy-7M8f8
They built sections, floated them down the Thames, bolted them together, and raised the wheel and superstructure with big cranes.

For what it's worth, I can see the London Eye from my l living room. But only when I look out of the window ..

Edited in the vague hope that fat phone fingers won't rewrite my post.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Having washed and polished the car yesterday, true to form the local flying 5h1t machines have added some big white polka dots to my shiny red car.

As the weather forecast keeps changing for Wednesday, I still haven't decided what to do with the day - a loop based around Diss or a ride from Newmarket to home (if the trains are running that is). The decision will be made at around 08:30 once I've had a coffee & seen what Carol has to say on the BBC about the wind & rain.

Finally - a Public Service anouncement. If anybody's thinking about coming to Suffolk for a bit of warmth and sunshine, don't bother week beginning 15th July. I've got that week off and based on the cold, windy & wet conditions for the past few days and at the start of May when I had a week off it seems I may be a jinx to sunshine & warmth:laugh:

Finally - a Public Service anouncement. If anybody's thinking about coming to Suffolk for a bit of warmth and sunshine, don't bother week beginning 15th July. I've got that week off and based on the cold, windy & wet conditions for the past few days and at the start of May when I had a week off it seems I may be a jinx to sunshine & warmth:laugh:

It's the British Grand Prix on the 14th, and the last day of Wimbledon. It's going to clear up as soon as those two events are over. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Having washed and polished the car yesterday, true to form the local flying 5h1t machines have added some big white polka dots to my shiny red car.

As the weather forecast keeps changing for Wednesday, I still haven't decided what to do with the day - a loop based around Diss or a ride from Newmarket to home (if the trains are running that is). The decision will be made at around 08:30 once I've had a coffee & seen what Carol has to say on the BBC about the wind & rain.

Light rain, with winds possibly as strong as 12-13mph. Slight risk of early morning frost(if the cloud clears early enough), no chance of any snowfall though.

High of 16°C possible, with everything taken into account.

UV Index currently Zero though, so chance of getting sunburnt is low.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Time for some pre work miles

D

Deleted member 1258

Happened to me as well, I cleaned my car, a white Suzuki, and came out the following day to a huge streak of shite straight down the centre of the windscreen, I notice this morning they've struck again.:angry:

Top Bottom