Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Spent a couple of hours looking round 4 car garages for a car for my son. Son would like a Golf, but in SE spec, and petrol. Not many about, and the one we saw was a lovely metallic red, but full of paint chips, so that was out. Looked at a C4 Cactus, but that was diesel (like most apparently), which is far too expensive on insurance. He wants something around Golf sized as plans lots of trips camping to motor sport events.

TBH, they are all much of a muchness - nothing stood out.

Spent a couple of hours looking round 4 car garages for a car for my son. Son would like a Golf, but in SE spec, and petrol. Not many about, and the one we saw was a lovely metallic red, but full of paint chips, so that was out. Looked at a C4 Cactus, but that was diesel (like most apparently), which is far too expensive on insurance. He wants something around Golf sized as plans lots of trips camping to motor sport events.

TBH, they are all much of a muchness - nothing stood out.

If not a Golf, then why not a Skoda Fabia? The series 2 ones are reasonable on the budget and easier to find. Series 3 Fabias are really nice (I'm after one myself as I'm too short to see out of the back of a series 2) but I'm waiting to find the right spec at the right price. They're basically a Polo under the skin, but they're just that wee bit bigger.

P.S. I currently drive a series 1 Fabia.

classic33

Leg End Member
If not a Golf, then why not a Skoda Fabia? The series 2 ones are reasonable on the budget and easier to find. Series 3 Fabias are really nice (I'm after one myself as I'm too short to see out of the back of a series 2) but I'm waiting to find the right spec at the right price. They're basically a Polo under the skin, but they're just that wee bit bigger.

P.S. I currently drive a series 1 Fabia.
Doesn't the driver usually have to sit in the front?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I may be more than a few hours late to this, but you've made me get a pack out of the freezer for tomorrow's dinner. The only decision is mash or chips?

Simple really, both.

Well, after today's quick 50 miler, the only choice was chiips - a treat I don't allow myself too oftem.

Off early tomorow for my first trip to Donington Park for a couple of years for my third British GT meeting of the year.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, after today's quick 50 miler, the only choice was chiips - a treat I don't allow myself too oftem.

Off early tomorow for my first trip to Donington Park for a couple of years for my third British GT meeting of the year.
How'd you make chiips?

I have spent the evening in the company of Salvo Montalbano.

I have also learnt that homemade garlic and black pepper dip is a marriage made in heaven when paired with cheese thins. :mrpig:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
If only they had held their nerve & kept Honda engines, but would have RB allowed them to supply another team.

Nah! Honda treated McLaren like dirt. They took an engine off the shelf, rather than develop one from scratch, stuck it in an F1 car then wondered why it wouldn’t work. Also, they stopped the McLaren engineers from looking at the engine to see what the issue is. McLaren’s big mistake was actually getting rid of Mercedes engines, that was a dreadful mistake.

Top Bottom