Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Í generally am.
Can be arranged, if you want to see what it's like.

Lorry leaves approx 16:00 hours, your local time.

I have to say it's is never clear what can & can't be recycled well certainly around our area, then you go on holiday & it's completely different

In Bavaria we had two bins: Compost and general rubbish. General rubbish was €0.50 per kilo. Everything else had to be taken to the tip on Saturday between 10-12.

There were thirteen bins at the tip, I counted. Don't try sneaking your steel cans in the aluminium section.

Where I live (Esslingen) we have compost (brown) Paper (Blue) Plastic and metals (Yellow) and general (Black) If they see paper in the plastic bin it won't get emptied.

Where I work, in Stuttgart, it's a completely different system.

Last edited:
Hey! I've only got two cats... That's two pouches a day.

Some of the food I buy does come in 100g tins. I'd switch completely to tins or foil trays if I could, but neither madam will eat the stuff that comes in the larger cans or in the foil trays.

The farm cat at our city farm would always become much more interested in her food when a local cat came sniffing about*. Perhaps an extrra moggy that isn't fussy should be allowed to visit?

*Personally I thought we should stop feeding it so it remembered its purpose in life was to catch rats and mice on the farm.

The farm cat at our city farm would always become much more interested in her food when a local cat came sniffing about*. Perhaps an extra moggy that isn't fussy should be allowed to visit?

You should see the girls chase off the large feral (entire) boys that hang around, more in hope than expectation. My neighbour's cat also treads very lightly across heavy ground... :laugh:

*Personally I thought we should stop feeding it so it remembered its purpose in life was to catch rats and mice on the farm.

The girls bring me plenty of rodenty and rabbity gifts - usually headless. :laugh: N.B. It's actually been proven that a well-fed cat is actually a far more efficient hunter than a hungry one. :biggrin:

Top Bottom