Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On a more serious note, the girls are actually pretty catholic where food is concerned.

The real problem with the 400g cans (aside the fact that they're not terribly keen on the contents) is the fact that I've only got two cats, neither of whom eat wet food by the bucket load. Once the cans are open, the food loses its freshness and palatability pretty quickly, and it's just insane having to throw it out.

With the pouches, I get very little food waste. It's the plastic waste that does my head in. I'd quite happily pay a little more to have the wet food in recyclable packaging. I think they'll have to take that step eventually.

It was different when I had the two boys back in the day - they were both veritable dustbins, and I'd go through a can a day.

classic33

Leg End Member
You should see the girls chase off the large feral (entire) boys that hang around, more in hope than expectation. My neighbour's cat also treads very lightly across heavy ground... :laugh:

The girls bring me plenty of rodenty and rabbity gifts - usually headless. :laugh: N.B. It's actually been proven that a well-fed cat is actually a far more efficient hunter than a hungry one. :biggrin:
Unlucky rabbit feet?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Never mind steps, I'd need the climbing gear... :laugh:

s-used-primitive-cranes-to-mount-their-horses-photo-u2?w=650&q=60&fm=pjpg&fit=crop&crop=faces%22.jpg

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Unlucky rabbit feet?
Well rabbit's feet weren't very lucky for the rabbit were they? And he had four of them...

Well we were right on topic, talking about waste bins. You can't get more mundane than that. Here in Bedford we have black ones for general waste, green lidded ones for garden stuff and orange lidded for paper, plastic and metal cans. They collect the black ones one week and the other two the next week, so all bins are emptied on a bi-weekly collection.

Even with Henry VIII in it? ^_^

I was talking about the weight of the armour, not the weight of the person wearing it... :laugh:

Although once Henry got somewhat corpulent, his health was too poor to sit a horse, never mind joust. Didn't stop him from keeping on commissioning ever more poncy suits of armour. Guess it was the tudor man's equivalent of a woman with shoes and handbags - or in my case, books... :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's 56% here according to the stats.

My general waste is mainly cat food pouches. Irritatingly, there are places in the UK that recycle them, but it's one of the few things that can't be recycled here.

Don't mention how many we go through in a day - 8-10 packets. The 4 cats refuse the tinned food, even though most of the tin is used in one sitting, and then the fussy cat (aka the rescue building site ginger ninja) will only eat Felix "As good as it looks" !!!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
You should see the girls chase off the large feral (entire) boys that hang around, more in hope than expectation. My neighbour's cat also treads very lightly across heavy ground... :laugh:

The girls bring me plenty of rodenty and rabbity gifts - usually headless. :laugh: N.B. It's actually been proven that a well-fed cat is actually a far more efficient hunter than a hungry one. :biggrin:
Or dog.

Don't mention how many we go through in a day - 8-10 packets. The 4 cats refuse the tinned food, even though most of the tin is used in one sitting, and then the fussy cat (aka the rescue building site ginger ninja) will only eat Felix "As good as it looks" !!!

Felix AGAIL is the wet food of choice here. Interspersed with Gourmet and Applaws (the little tins) and Sheba (pouches). Plus they get regular meals of raw - although the girls turned their little noses up at their share of the cod we had here the other night...

Tins of Felix get the paws down here - well, they'll lick the jelly but leave the chunks - as do the pouches of ordinary Felix. Whiskas gets the paws down no matter which one. Oddly, they're not so keen on the expensive wet food either, so I'll feed them the best that they *will* eat.

Top Bottom