Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
No, but it's better than beef. Even grass fed beef. They experimented with domesticated buffalo production in my area, when I was growing up, and so I'm quite used to it. A Hawaiian burger is a burger with grilled pineapple as well as swiss cheese. Add bacon, and it's a Jack Lord Burger. (No, it isn't, I just made that up, but sounds plausible).

Pineapple, like a proper pizza. Sounds good.

mybike

I just drilled a hole in something.

drilling-a-hole-in-the-head-picture-id182961410?s=170667a.jpg

mybike

I like Mondays - when I'm not working like this week, that is!

It's amazing how much time can be spent doing so little if you put your mind to it. Large mug of coffee, catch up with the news online, slow ride into Felixstowe to get some cash, another ride into Ipswich for some supplies followed by a diversion to the local chain pub for steak & chips for a fiver, a couple of pints and before you know it, it's nearly 5pm when you get home. Just call it practice for retirement.

And it now looks like I will be heading to @Reynard land tomorrow if only to get off the train and cycle back home again as the wind & weather appear to be in my favour for that direction.

Sounds a bit energetic for retirement.

mybike

For the past few days some idiot has been parking their Audi on the pavement outside work, fully on the pavement and blocking it, so yesterday I put a polite notice on the window 'kindly stop blocking the pavement', if that doesn't work the next note won't be quite so polite! It isn't there this morning but we will see. Wheelchairs, prams etc couldn't get by and had to go on the road which is not acceptable :stop:

It's an Audi. :whistle:

It's flying ant day...

It's corn bug day here. Swarms of the wee tickly things while I was out on the bike earlier...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Can anyone recommend how to identify a flutterby in my garden?

He, or she, is enjoying one of the Buddleia bushes for rest and refreshment. If you imagine a sideways view, just seeing one wing, it looks mostly brown. The larger part of the wing is a mix of medium brown and light brown. The other part of the wing is darker brown with a gold spot in one corner. Anyone got any ideas?

Top Bottom