Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reynard

Guru
If your sausages start talking to you, you've discovered a new life form.

o/~ It's life Jim, but not as we know it... o/~

I'm finally getting to grips with the umlaut :hyper:.

Here are the ALT key control codes for all kinds of wacky foreign punctuation symbols....

https://tools.oratory.com/altcodes.html

EDIT: here's my very first....

ö

Umlauts aren't the issue on this computer, but finding the @, °, and even the € key took a while when I first came here.

I'm not sure I'd be able to use a QWERTY keyboard now...

Lullabelle

Banana
For the past few days some idiot has been parking their Audi on the pavement outside work, fully on the pavement and blocking it, so yesterday I put a polite notice on the window 'kindly stop blocking the pavement', if that doesn't work the next note won't be quite so polite! It isn't there this morning but we will see. Wheelchairs, prams etc couldn't get by and had to go on the road which is not acceptable :stop:

Lullabelle

Banana
Morning. Another lovely sunny start to the day .

They are talking about the Moon and the Moon landing this morning from the National Spice Centre. I have often seen the signs pointing to it on the M1and thought that we must visit it one day .

It is a pretty amazing place ^_^

If you don't have much room in your house then go there because they have plenty of space :giggle:

Thank you, I am here all week :thanks:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think I mentioned on CC about me losing a Fred Perry cap about two months ago. Anyway, I thought i'd left the cap in the cemetery while I was cleaning a relative's grave. I went back two days later when I'd realised it wasn't here,but as expected I couldn't find it. I gave up on it and went and bought a similar one in the sale to kind of make me feel better. I could've bought the exact same,but I had that little thought that one day the cap might turn up and then i'd have two of the same kind. Well yesterday I was walking down the local high street when I heard someone shouting my name out. As I turned to look I saw a bloke with my cap in his hand! He owns a café and he said i'd left it there on a table outside when I stopped off for a cup of tea. He said he'd shouted to me quite a few times but I didn't respond. I'm just glad I've got the cap back and that I didn't buy the same one to replace it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom