Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
We have a wasp nest in the garage. Looks like £45 to get it removed.

You can get powder from places like B&Q/homebase if you can get close enough to the nest to pour it on.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Finished..

20190727_182935.jpg
20190727_182915.jpg

Last edited:

fossyant

You can get powder from places like B&Q/homebase if you can get close enough to the nest to pour it on.

Puff ant powder near the entrance - works well, or get nest destroyer foam and spray into entrance and onto nest. Best advice is a few glasses of wine, then go out after dark (wasps don't fly at night usually).

fossyant

Impressive.

Will ned to do something similar myself if we actually manage to move...

Took some work - wardrobe on far left had to be cut down significantly to fit, and I needed to trim the door down - that took a bit more work due to the trim around the edges. Just needs a touch up with paint where I re-glued the side of the door.

Saved us an absolute fortune. Had to mix and match parts quite a lot as it was 3 separate units. The one on the right should be a 5 door unit - this was assembled with only 3, and the end being into the corner. The right hand unit to the side of the over cupboards was a 3 cupboard unit, but adapted with the overhead unit (changed end panels around. The only unit not to be altered was the 4 overheads and the cupboard to the left. We've got 2 spare full doors, a spare mirrored door, 3 spare draws, 2 end panels and lots of other bits.

I suppose if you want it exactly one way, then this worked out the cheapest option.

Top Bottom