Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a bit like a big Budgie feeder.

Yeah, you could describe it that way... :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We had quotes from £2.5k to £4.5k for the bedroom. Unfortunately the design wasn't quite what my wife wanted, so we bought units on line for about £1k. I suppose the other £1k really comes from fitting costs. I should have it mostly finished tomorrow - I'd estimated 4 days, but set a target for 3 so I at least get Sunday off. Recovering with a few glasses of wine and a new Sci-fi series on Netflix (Another Life). Mrs F has gone away with a friend to our caravan.

On another note, Mrs F had to tell her mum off this morning, as she had phoned her 3 times whilst in work - her employer doesn't allow personal calls. All it was, she wanted a fan and some wool (she's in a Nursing Home). She could have left a message !!

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Still no respite from the heat & humidity - it really saps all your energy. I only did a slow ride into town and back followed by mowing the lawn and had to sit down and studt the inside of my eyelids for 1/2 an hour this afternoon.

Back to work tomorrow. The office has no air conditioning and no decent through flow of air, no matter how many windows are opened

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
A cold on the warmest days this year, so far!
Yep, the only thing I can think of that is worse than a cold in summer is digestive problems on a bike tour.
DAMHIKT.

Right, that's the ride-on mower fixed and completely reassembled. Well, fixed in theory anyways, as I'm hoping it was just the knackered drive belt - and the botched routing of...

Feeling too grotty to test it though, so sat here with a well-earnt :cuppa: instead.

I've often wondered if it would be possible to make a pedal powered ride on mower.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Morning! There is a cool breeze blowing through the house at the moment.

An update on the puncture last night. It was a bit of an odd one ! :wacko: My friend stopped as he said that the rear wheel felt strange and bumpy . He got off and as he wheeled it forward it started hissing . We looked at the wheel and couldn't spot any immediate sign of where it was coming from. It stopped hissing and the tyre hadn't gone flat! :wacko: It transpired that while we were cycling back, he managed to pump the tyre back up again and cycled back 2 miles before it went down again. This time it wouldn't inflate .

Ahhh, clearly haunted.

Top Bottom