Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nope. Or at least, I don't think so...
So, not a taste of what they'd do if you decided they should skip a meal?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Non production day! Merry-go-round!
Never heard of such things, here in capitalism's armpit.
1st production facility outside of the States and at one point the most profitable Cat plant in the world when they started making the 'Telehandler' there.

One of my best mates worked there for years until he decided to go off 'travelling' and spent a year in Australia/New Zealand, when he came back to England he rang them up to find out if they were hiring only to be told by HR that he'd have to apply through the Employment Agency (as he had done when he'd first got the job there) So he duly rang them and was given a start the next week so Graham turned up on the Monday, at lunchtime one of the American bosses spotted him in the Cafeteria and asked what he was doing there so Graham told him he was back from his travels and working for the Agency "No you're not" the guy said "come with me", naturally Graham was a bit worried by this but the bloke took him to HR and told them "Put this guy back on the staff now" turned round and shook Graham's hand and said "Welcome back"

I have a sore throat and a dribbly nose. :sad:
I hope you feel better soon .

Morning! There is a cool breeze blowing through the house at the moment.

An update on the puncture last night. It was a bit of an odd one ! :wacko: My friend stopped as he said that the rear wheel felt strange and bumpy . He got off and as he wheeled it forward it started hissing . We looked at the wheel and couldn't spot any immediate sign of where it was coming from. It stopped hissing and the tyre hadn't gone flat! :wacko: It transpired that while we were cycling back, he managed to pump the tyre back up again and cycled back 2 miles before it went down again. This time it wouldn't inflate .

postman

Legendary Member
Morning! There is a cool breeze blowing through the house at the moment.

An update on the puncture last night. It was a bit of an odd one ! :wacko: My friend stopped as he said that the rear wheel felt strange and bumpy . He got off and as he wheeled it forward it started hissing . We looked at the wheel and couldn't spot any immediate sign of where it was coming from. It stopped hissing and the tyre hadn't gone flat! :wacko: It transpired that while we were cycling back, he managed to pump the tyre back up again and cycled back 2 miles before it went down again. This time it wouldn't inflate .

I expected you to say a snake had go trapped in the spokes.

Top Bottom