Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just had a telephone conversation with an employer in Stuttgart and now have an interview on Aug 1st.

Not sure whether to be excited or not, especially as the other place is in the southern Black Forest and on the French/Swiss border. There's big advantages and disadvantages to both.

This isn't the only criteria, but as well as being prettier, the Black Forest option is easy to cycle commute, whereas in Stuttgart I'd have to use the tram right through the city centre, or deal with city traffic and a monster climb every evening.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Just had a telephone conversation with an employer in Stuttgart and now have an interview on Aug 1st.

Not sure whether to be excited or not, especially as the other place is in the southern Black Forest and on the French/Swiss border. There's big advantages and disadvantages to both.

This isn't the only criteria, but as well as being prettier, the Black Forest option is easy to cycle commute, whereas in Stuttgart I'd have to use the tram right through the city centre, or deal with city traffic and a monster climb every evening.
Cost of living issues near Switzerland?

Cost of living issues near Switzerland?

That's one issue, but then we're in the second most expensive city in Germany anyway so that won't make a lot of difference.

Also in theory I could cycle to work using the infrastructure there for nothing whereas if I work in Stuttgart I have to get a season ticket for public transport.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS:

Curry for lunch.

Top Bottom