Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just seen on the local TV news. A large scale model armada of ships from navies around the world all made from matchsticks on show in Weymouth . All of the models are painted, some with aeroplanes or helicopters with propellers and rotors which spin. All made by one man in his spare time. At the Nothefort Museum .
They didn't say how long it was on for !

Sorry to be pedantic but Eagles are F15 's and F18's are Hornets. Both have twin rudders . The main difference for identification are the wings and nose. The Hornet has smaller wings and a longer slimmer nose, a bit like an X wing fighter from Star Wars .

No need to apologise about being pedantic - I'm the same when it comes to motor racing :laugh:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Don't get those these far east, but we do get the F18 Eagles from Mildenhall / Lakenheath.
I didn't realise how noisy they were until I did the ride back home from Ely and there were a couple of pairs taking off from Lakenheath and looping around.

In other news, I'm out of cheese so a trip to Waitrose in Ipswich will be required tomorrow. for a couple of the larger packs of the essentials English mature Cheddar (strength 4).

Cheese & Onion crisps are just not the same as a snack.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think cheese and onion has been mentioned 4 times today. Mundane of the day!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bad dad.

Daughter has just exploded a load of nail varnish remover over the lounge carpet, despite my missus saying not too.

Hoping carpet will survive after this as i got up quick to wipe it.. plain deep red carpet.

Evil dad now.. FFS. No bike chemicals come near the house, but nail shoot can. Up for a bloody flight at 3am.. Nail paint will be gone ASAP on the blooming sand tomorrow, so why bother..

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Sorry to be pedantic but Eagles are F15 's and F18's are Hornets. Both have twin rudders . The main difference for identification are the wings and nose. The Hornet has smaller wings and a longer slimmer nose, a bit like an X wing fighter from Star Wars .
And a Hornet could show up anywhere, as they are Navy/Marine fighters, and the Eagle would be USAF.

classic33

Leg End Member
images.png

Top Bottom