Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I bought a Venus fly trap and a red cabbage house plant today. I think i'll keep the fly trap in my car in the cup holder next to the gear stick.

Venus fly traps like very wet conditions. I grew one in a 'water feature' very successfully outside. It even survived a winter.

I've just picked the dead (hard luck if it wasn't) spider off the ceiling with one of those grabber thingies used for picking stuff up off floors and fed the spider to the plant. I'm not joking, the jaws shut a few seconds after! :ohmy:

Then it was probably still alive.

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Computers and anything to do with them has got me to the point where I would like to get my hammers out ! :angry::angry::angry::angry:
I was trying to transfer a photo from my phone to my tablet . Blue tooth ! Nope ! My wife said why don't I just log in to CC using my phone.
Trying to view the box with the password is hidden by the keyboard bit. When I manage to uncover it it now plays up with either my name or password !
It is a good job that I never worked with computers. There would have been a lot of dented ones about !

I just email it to myself.

I rarely went to Foyles. The tedium of taking the book to one place, then going to another to pay, followed by a return to collect your book was too much. That was probably in the 60s/70s

Yeah, their sales system was pretty crackpot.

But I didn't mind, because I could get stuff in there that I couldn't get anywhere else. Like a 1991 F3000 yearbook...

Ah, Madam Bitey reached her destination safely. :biggrin: She may have dropped half a mouse in your bed.

She's back here now, sleeping off her wee jaunt to Germany.

Glad to hear she made it back. The long piece of elastic was a good idea...

I discovered a new favourite German word: "Eierlegendewollmilchsau"

Literally "Egg-laying-wool-producing-milkable-pig."

It's the expression our cheerfully cynical trainer uses when confronted with a job description that is clearly impossible for three people, including Superman.

I'm gonna borrow that.

English is a very rich language with some delightful words to describe the weird and wonderful, but German, with its brilliant ability to stick words together to almost Welsh lengths, can produce absolute gems like that. :biggrin:

Top Bottom