Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
It's 17-15 ish.Postman would like the congregation to know,he still has it at 69 and 3/4.What a fantastic day of decorating.First was a full wash down with lightly soapy water.Then wiped down with clear hot water.During that i noticed seven cracks in the walls and ceiling.They were gouged out using the end of a screwdriver.They were wetted and cleaned out.Then they got well filled and left to dry.Sand papered walls down removed flaking paint,where i painted before and the plaster was not dry we had just had all the walls and ceilings in the house skimmed.First coat of white emulsion on walls to block out old colour.Then tidied up and washed floor.then painted ceiling,yes i know i did it second,but i needed the filler to harden off..When all done dust sheets up and cleaned the floor again.All done by 15-58.Totally brilliant.Mixed next covering coat which is magnolia.Tomorrow a visit to B & Q for the two colours which will be the final coats.Chimney breast and two alcoves a bold colour Ceiling three walls a contrasting colour,door,door frame , window bottom and skirting not sure yet.All in all a fabulous day dahlings.

Skanker

You make me feel a bit lazy Posty.
Today I had coffee on the back of my boat, went to Sainsbury’s for milk and bought a spanner from Homebase, and absolutely nothing else!

Hmm, well I put away the last of Saturday night's shopping - the stuff that didn't need fridge-ifying or tupperware-ing, put the cat carrier back in the garage and rearranged some kitchen cupboards to accommodate the little stashette of canned and dried goods that I've been accumulating to counteract possible Brexit shortages. Nowt special there, just the usual cupboard staples.

Have spent the afternoon writing. But that's been something of an exercise in frustration.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
French and Polish, plus German, a working knowledge of Flemish (i.e. Dutch - I can read and understand far better than speak) and a smattering of Russian.
Jumping back a few days..
English is my first, and only fluent language (though some might doubt that :tongue:)
I can still remember a bit of Hebrew, from when I worked and lived there. A smattering of school French & German, plus, more recently, some Polish words and phrases that I've learnt, and been taught, at work to have a laugh with the Polish drivers.
It's a fun way to spend a bit of time in the driver's room, with them laughing at me murdering their language ^_^

...plus, more recently, some Polish words and phrases that I've learnt, and been taught, at work to have a laugh with the Polish drivers. It's a fun way to spend a bit of time in the driver's room, with them laughing at me murdering their language ^_^

Polish is hellaciously easy to mangle, so rest assured, you won't be alone there. ;)

On the other hand, if you can master this tongue-twister, you'll impress them:

Nie pieprz Pietrze wieprza pieprzem, bo prypieprzesz wieprza Pietrze.

:laugh:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Had a wonderful afternoon at the pet service in Ely Cathedral with Madam Lexicat.

Lexi was the only cat (afaik) and so many people came to fuss her and compliment her and take her photo. She was also photographed for the local paper and filmed for TV. She took it all in her stride - that cat's a star and a wonderful ambassador for rescue cats.

The odd embarrassing moment was had when Madam swung a hind leg over her ears and started washing her inside leg in public. Yep, she was that chilled LOL.

I believe there was a cat in a blue pushchair as well. Or should that be pusschair? I'll get my coat.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Polish is hellaciously easy to mangle, so rest assured, you won't be alone there. ;)

On the other hand, if you can master this tongue-twister, you'll impress them:

Nie pieprz Pietrze wieprza pieprzem, bo prypieprzesz wieprza Pietrze.

:laugh:
I can't read it... Only get my help from translation sites, and drivers :blush:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It's 17-15 ish.Postman would like the congregation to know,he still has it at 69 and 3/4.What a fantastic day of decorating.First was a full wash down with lightly soapy water.Then wiped down with clear hot water.During that i noticed seven cracks in the walls and ceiling.They were gouged out using the end of a screwdriver.They were wetted and cleaned out.Then they got well filled and left to dry.Sand papered walls down removed flaking paint,where i painted before and the plaster was not dry we had just had all the walls and ceilings in the house skimmed.First coat of white emulsion on walls to block out old colour.Then tidied up and washed floor.then painted ceiling,yes i know i did it second,but i needed the filler to harden off..When all done dust sheets up and cleaned the floor again.All done by 15-58.Totally brilliant.Mixed next covering coat which is magnolia.Tomorrow a visit to B & Q for the two colours which will be the final coats.Chimney breast and two alcoves a bold colour Ceiling three walls a contrasting colour,door,door frame , window bottom and skirting not sure yet.All in all a fabulous day dahlings.
That sounds like way too much hard work. So much easier to hand over a cheque to somebody else to DIFY (do it for you)

Top Bottom