Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You ever seen a sheep with two, or more, years wool?

It's a reference to a Terry Pratchett book. While at the Opera Someone challenges Nanny Ogg about her fur scarf, because it is eating their chocolates. She responds that she is a believer in "beauty without cruelty". It is in fact her cat, lying on her shoulders.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's a reference to a Terry Pratchett book. While at the Opera Someone challenges Nanny Ogg about her fur scarf, because it is eating their chocolates. She responds that she is a believer in "beauty without cruelty". It is in fact her cat, lying on her shoulders.
You never have seen two years wool on a sheep then.

Most people use a scarf when it's cold.

:laugh:

This one is self-heating, with a built in vibrating function and secure fastening system.

@Reynard clearly believes in Beauty Without Cruelty (with apologies to Nanny Ogg...)

And that's where Lexi happens to be right now - draped across my shoulders. It's one of her favourite places to sit of an evening. :wub:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I added that bit about the oven, even though google said something about a furnace. I'm not close enough to Chicago to be much of an expert on Polish, I'm afraid. Hungarian either, even though I have a lot of Hungarians in town here, due to the old railway car shops. They used to do wood inlay and marquetry, back in the days of wooden coach interiors.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just been listening to a bloke on the local radio phone in talking about how he's from Hungary working here as a waiter. It reminded me of when me,my brother and mum and dad went on holiday to Blackpool in 1975. We had a Hungarian waiter serving our table during the week. I remember him telling my dad that he came over here after the Hungarian uprising in 1956. My dad called him 'whip it quick' because as soon as you put your knife and fork on your plate after eating,he'd take it right from under your nose. I also remember a couple from Oldham in the next table who were on their honeymoon. I've often wondered if they are still together.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Mrs Slowmotion found a ten inch papaya in Shepherds Bush Market this morning. I can hardly wait for breakfast.
IMG_1039.JPG

Top Bottom