Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Osteoarthritis has been moderately bad the last couple weeks...I hardly feel like getting on a bike at the mo...finish work and all I want to do is relax and sit down. It's all a bit cr&p cycling wise.
On the plus side, I unwittingly entertained my 3yo granddaughter a few days ago. She had one of my LED torches, shining it at everything while I was stood at the sink. She guffawed all of a sudden and wouldn't stop laughing. I asked...
'Whatcha laughing at monkey ?'
'I'm shining the torch on your bum' :biggrin:

And so I ran around the kitchen, mock trying to get away, shouting 'gerroff, gerroff', her chasing me , giggling and laughing like she was having the best fun ever.

Being a grandad is the best.

postman

Legendary Member
Day three of painting,and Postie is a little tired.Final coat on ceiling and walls tomorrow,going out for a better brush after tea.Mine seen to be scrubbing it on,not happy.Mind you they are donkey's years old.They are in the bin now.It's going to get slower over the next two days a lot of cutting in ,and my eyesight is not that good,this might be interesting.The Lapis blue is like Marmite you either love it or hate it,i did not pick it.It might grow on me.First coat of that today and it's bit patchy,mind you dark blue on magnolia what did i expect.Anyway i am aiming for Sunday morning to finish that will be the woodwork ,again cutting in so it will be slow.How Mr Angelo painted his ceiling i will never know.

I just had to check on Google that Mr Angelo did paint the ceiling.He did and boy was he fast he must have used a roller.It says he did it between 15-08 and 15-12.Four mins.That's a record in my book.

Last edited:
Good luck

First parcel dropped off at local myhermes collection point . Now just a couple to collect from the local sorting office .

Good luck

Many thanks.

The conclusion (on both sides) is that although I like them and they like me, I'm not really suited to that department. They did say they'll look for somewhere else in the organisation. We shall see.

In other news, two rejection letters in the inbox this evening.

Ah, a nice :cuppa:

Managed to summon the energy to run some errands this arvo. They were about to do the markdowns in the Co-op when I popped in for a local paper. So I stuck around.

I have two lots of oven chips, frankfurters, tiger prawns, a litre of vanilla milk, a pineapple and a large piece of blacksticks shropshire blue cheese. :biggrin:

Will do fish & chips tonight - I have some lovely sea bass fillets in the fridge.

Top Bottom