Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All part of the interview process, proving dedication.
Fingers crossed it all works out .

Thanks...

Actually, it's a strange one. It was part of a mahoosive batch of a dozen or so I sent yesterday to every relevant department in a local technical college (Yeah, effectively I was a spammer for the afternoon) and they called today and said they wanted to talk to me as soon as possible and how about tomorrow afternoon?

I'm really hoping it works out because online it looks just the right sort of place for me to work in: helping young people with problems find their abilities and get skills for work.

Bit of a faff to cycle there, but you can't have everything.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I believe I still have a Union Pacific themed mug with the California Zephyr crossing the Rocky Mountains at some point. There may be others lurking about.

When I travelled by train from Toronto to Vancouver, and then from Seattle to Los Angeles, I was given, and/or won or bought several lightweight items like cap badges, and key rings and coasters, maps and similar items. I did not think that a mug was likely to make it one piece over the Atlantic.

My host in Los Angeles (Orange County) gave me cotton quilt with American steam trains on it. This needed a bag of its own to be transported and caused a great deal of concern when Canadian Customs thought I had three items of luggage for a week's stay returning to Canada from the States. :ohmy:

My souvenir mugs were bought mostly in Europe when I was travelling back to the UK by train. They were easy to pack in a tee shirt and carry in my hand luggage.

D

Deleted member 26715

How big is your desk :ohmy:
Clearly quite large :tongue:
I have 1 mouse, 1 keyboard, 2 screens, a scanner, tower fan (I get warm), letter tray stack of 5 and a phone. Not much room left for anything else.
2x keyboards & 2x Mouse although I only use 1 set,4x 23" monitors, 6 telephones (I work in telecoms) plus some bits of paper that have very impotent notes on them.

Good luck tomorrow @Andy in Germany hope you get the job! 🤞

Many thanks. For the first time, I do too...

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks...

Actually, it's a strange one. It was part of a mahoosive batch of a dozen or so I sent yesterday to every relevant department in a local technical college (Yeah, effectively I was a spammer for the afternoon) and they called today and said they wanted to talk to me as soon as possible and how about tomorrow afternoon?

I'm really hoping it works out because online it looks just the right sort of place for me to work in: helping young people with problems find their abilities and get skills for work.

Bit of a faff to cycle there, but you can't have everything.
Maybe they want to question you about the number/amount of e-mails you sent?

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Morning all. It's very cold out there this morning and the sun is so low in the sky that I couldn't see much in front of me when I walked up the road this morning. It's made me think twice about getting out on the bike this morning. I may wait until a little later. I have no desire to be knocked off because a driver couldn't see me (hi-viz would be useless, it'd make me blend in even more with the low sun! (not looking for debate, all opinions are my own...)).

Top Bottom