Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Straight up!

I did that yesterday.

D

Deleted member 26715

Don't torture me. I might start remembering how a pint of Adnams cost 12p in the college bar (and Rothmans were 27p a packet).
Sir, Sir, Sir I can play this one, in the Blue Bell in the Tap room you could get 3x pint Whitbread & 3x packets of Walkers crisps for under a £1, 27p a pint & 5p a packet of crisps. But woe betide you if you tried to sneak into the Best room with your Tap room pint, it was a 1p dearer in there & guarded fiercely.

postman

Legendary Member
Ho ho ho wen i wer a lad,1967 yes i know i should have been 18.My tipple was double Diamond 2/- two shillings or 10p in today's money.Crisps no idea,maybe 3p.I boight a pint or two in Hunmanby, Borreti Morreti or something like that £4-10.

postman

Legendary Member
Right i have never known such a crap October.,and while i have been painting i have been putting the kettle on for a few brews.Not bothering to wash said mugs up,they went straight to the dishwasher.Just emptied it this morning to find i have five mugs all to do with cycling and not to forget my tin mug from Alacatraz.Ok you people how many mugs cycling related do you have.:tongue:

Right i have never known such a crap October.,and while i have been painting i have been putting the kettle on for a few brews.Not bothering to wash said mugs up,they went straight to the dishwasher.Just emptied it this morning to find i have five mugs all to do with cycling and not to forget my tin mug from Alacatraz.Ok you people how many mugs cycling related do you have.:tongue:

bikemug.jpg

Personalised, no less...

bikemug2.jpg

From Tony at Rock Cottage in Wales who does crazy stuff like run a smallholding, raise a family and climb the three highest peaks in Britain and cycling between them in about 36h, but still manages to maintain a (warped) sense of humour...

Top Bottom