Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My lovely neighbour is 92 tomorrow, so I have taken him a card and four bottles of nice beer.

I also finished putting away the non-fridgeable shopping from last night, laundered my favourite comfy jeans and sorted out my stuff for tomorrow. The friend I am travelling is picking me up at 4am.

Lunch is in the offing - will involve prawns and avocado and :cuppa: of course.

And it's :rain: here.

D

Deleted member 26715

Is it not :rain:ing everywhere

D

Deleted member 26715

Notice the cat was guarding my bikes,

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
My lovely neighbour is 92 tomorrow, so I have taken him a card and four bottles of nice beer.

I also finished putting away the non-fridgeable shopping from last night, laundered my favourite comfy jeans and sorted out my stuff for tomorrow. The friend I am travelling is picking me up at 4am.

Lunch is in the offing - will involve prawns and avocado and :cuppa: of course.

And it's :rain: here.

I'm 92 tomorrow if there's beer in it.

CharlesF

Guru
Morning. I just called the organisation and said I'd be happy to work in the projects where I was for my interview, and I'd happily work on the school project if I was in a team, but I felt it was unsafe if I was on my own in the school project, so they've withdrawn my application.

The teens are from normal schools although typically from 'Werkrealschule' which is the lower tier of the Baden-Württemberg school education system. Unfortunately this can often mean 'dustbin', as is the way of such things.

I am theoretically trained for classrooms, but not this age group. That said there is a lot of confusion about what an Arbeitserzier is qualified to do: I get 'recommendations' from the employment agency for anything from a kindergarten teacher (In German that's an "Erzieher") to an Ergo therapist. I was surprised that they thought I should work alone with a school group though. The thought of what damage kids could do with sharp objects if two start an argument when I'm concentrating on another child don't bear thinking about, and it would be my responsibility.

I made it clear that I was very happy to work in the projects where I did my interview and willing to work with the school children if I wasn't alone.

I also communicated with my caseworker who agreed with me that this isn't in my remit and supported my decision, which was something of a relief. (He was quite scathing of the organisation, in fact, pointing out that they are desperate for someone to fill the 75% position, and with a bit of flex and common sense they could have had 75% covered in Novermber, and at worse someone covering the more important 65%, but now they have exactly 0%. Chapeau.)

Ho hum, back to the drawing board. It's frustrating because they were offering a fairly generous payment of several hundred Euro more than I was hoping for. I'll have to raise my expectations...
Sound like a chaotic organisation and you’re better off away from it. Next time will be ideal, fingers crossed.

D

Deleted member 26715

I like your garden gazebo thingy - I assume it's got a waterproof roof !
Thank you I spend a lot of time up there in Summer, often work out there all day, much nicer than the office. The roof is waterproofish, apart from one little bit, I was supposed to re-roof it this year & wanted to use polycarbonate panels, but it came in very expensive. So going to just re-roof using corrugated sheet they've lasted over 10 years so far. The camera is not normally there, but swapped my router out the other day for Vodafone's own one & it took down that part of the network, but I quite like the idea of it being in there now so may make it permanent.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thank you I spend a lot of time up there in Summer, often work out there all day, much nicer than the office. The roof is waterproofish, apart from one little bit, I was supposed to re-roof it this year & wanted to use polycarbonate panels, but it came in very expensive. So going to just re-roof using corrugated sheet they've lasted over 10 years so far. The camera is not normally there, but swapped my router out the other day for Vodafone's own one & it took down that part of the network, but I quite like the idea of it being in there now so may make it permanent.

My wife's 'hot-tub' gazebo has corrugated perspex roof, then two sides have 3mm perspex 'glass' with one side opening - means she can use it all year round.

Top Bottom