Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Good morning. After two weeks we finally have a working central heating system, new boiler with a Nest control thingy. The system all flushed through. This house has never been so warm since we lived here. Toasty!

I was just reading another thread about cycling old historic routes and it reminded me of the time I rode a section of the Fosse Way with my brother. I was fine at the time riding a mountain bike without suspension .
But boy ! Did I pay for it over the next couple of weeks! I could hardly move my right arm ! It must have been Tennis elbow ! :ohmy:

I was just reading another thread about cycling old historic routes and it reminded me of the time I rode a section of the Fosse Way with my brother. I was fine at the time riding a mountain bike without suspension .
But boy ! Did I pay for it over the next couple of weeks! I could hardly move my right arm ! It must have been Tennis elbow ! :ohmy:

They are.
That's a plus then !:smile:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I have to go to church this morning to watch my daughter in the Remembrance parade (Brownies). I am not a church / religious person in any way, shape or form. It involves sitting through a 1.5-HOUR service before the parade. I'm wondering if I can take a book with me. The church service is optional, but I know my daughter will be checking I'm there every five minutes (and watching her) so I can't sneak away and sneak back for the parade. It's a dichotomy - very-proud-father-supporting-his-daughter vs. no-wish-to-be-preached-to. Daughter wins every time. :okay:

The things we do for our kids. :blush:

I'm also missing out on my Sunday morning ride. :sad:

I have to go to church this morning to watch my daughter in the Remembrance parade (Brownies). I am not a church / religious person in any way, shape or form. It involves sitting through a 1.5-HOUR service before the parade. I'm wondering if I can take a book with me. The church service is optional, but I know my daughter will be checking I'm there every five minutes (and watching her) so I can't sneak away and sneak back for the parade. It's a dichotomy - very-proud-father-supporting-his-daughter vs. no-wish-to-be-preached-to. Daughter wins every time. :okay:

The things we do for our kids. :blush:

I'm also missing out on my Sunday morning ride. :sad:

If it's any consolation, my dad was a minister and he loathed Remembrance Sunday services too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom