Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
PS: Why do employers assume you'll recognise them when they call you six weeks after you sent the original application?
They are the centre of the universe. Like big kids really :laugh:

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I have to go to church this morning to watch my daughter in the Remembrance parade (Brownies). I am not a church / religious person in any way, shape or form. It involves sitting through a 1.5-HOUR service before the parade. I'm wondering if I can take a book with me. The church service is optional, but I know my daughter will be checking I'm there every five minutes (and watching her) so I can't sneak away and sneak back for the parade. It's a dichotomy - very-proud-father-supporting-his-daughter vs. no-wish-to-be-preached-to. Daughter wins every time. :okay:

The things we do for our kids. :blush:

I'm also missing out on my Sunday morning ride. :sad:
No doubt, you will get your reward in heaven..... or..... maybe not ;)

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I have just put the Motoring forum on ignore, cars ain't that interesting really.

Ghastly day here weatherwise, so I have been busy puttering about in the kitchen instead.

On today's menu chez Casa Reynard is curried parsnip soup and vegetable lasagne (peppers, courgette, pumpkin, mushrooms, lentils and spinach).

And I have mostly finished the Formula 3 painting I've been working on. Just need for large parts of it to finish drying to see if anything needs touching up before taking it off the board.

Neither cat has been outside.

Oooh, what's the offer. ? (get's googling) Bought some 98% meat cat food from Zooplus (£30 worth) and the ruddy cat's don't like it ! Got through most of it now though - you will eat it. Can't get them to eat no-grain meat either !

The 3 boxes of AGAIL for £9.50 - which I see you've already spotted, plus the boxes of 12 tins of Gourmet Gold at £3.75 a box.

Picked up 6 boxes of the AGAIL plus three boxes of the Gourmet. Didn't want to buy anymore, as I still have eleven boxes of AGAIL - got lucky at the beginning of the year when Tesco did a very rare 3 for £10, which coincided with me also having a "spend £50 get £7 off" voucher. Then a few weeks later, Wilkinsons did a similar offer, so I stocked up again.

Which reminds me, I do need to put in a Zooplus order for biscuits (Royal Canin Sensible 33) and litter (Benek Corn).

Thats cats for you. My two won't eat Whiskers, very fickle :wacko:

We must be lucky our 'pride' will eat Whiskas, Felix, Sheba and Felix AGAIL mind you with 5 and 2 half Moggies vying for the food they must think I'd better get this scoffed for somecat else will have it (Fifi would scoff the lot given half a chance)

It's the rescue that's fussy. He adores cheap sandwich ham as he lived on a building site for most of his 1st year - came to us with bits of concrete still in his fur. One of the posh cats loves ham too, but the rest not too fussed. All 4 adult cats want the Kitten's food though !

My two are pretty catholic thank goodness, but the one they won't eat is Whiskas. Well, they'll have a nibble, but it also has some unfortunate consequences at the other end... They're not so keen on the grain free stuff either. Or the very cheap stuff.

Otherwise, they're happy with Felix AGAIL, Gourmet (the tins and the small pouches) and Sheba (the small pouches). They also like ham, chicken, smoked salmon, prawns, custard tarts, cheese, channel islands milk... :whistle:

If I want to treat them, they get some fresh fish or meat (raw, bought on YS), which invariably goes down without touching the sides.

Went to pick up a 'Click & Collect' from Screwfix and had to show the sms notification they sent. Said to the lad 'Don't laugh at my phone' (Motorola V220 flip) and the young whippersnapper replied 'I've never seen one like that before.'
Cheek!😡

Oi! I still have (and use) an original Nokia 3310 and a Nokia 6230i ^_^

Yes, I also have a Samsung smartphone.

Top Bottom