Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Oi! I still have (and use) an original Nokia 3310 and a Nokia 6230i ^_^

Yes, I also have a Samsung smartphone.
😉
20191112_180445_HDR-1.jpg

Went to pick up a 'Click & Collect' from Screwfix and had to show the sms notification they sent. Said to the lad 'Don't laugh at my phone' (Motorola V220 flip) and the young whippersnapper replied 'I've never seen one like that before.'
Cheek!😡

I have one of those too. It had the advantage when working with some (mostly) reformed criminal elements that it was never a temptation for them to steal.

PS: Why do employers assume you'll recognise them when they call you six weeks after you sent the original application?
It would be hard to confuse anyone like Marcel Marceau with anyone else !

gaijintendo

Veteran
Apologies but I need to get this bad day in a wee box and let go.

I woke up at about 3 after a recurring nightmare that I have had for the last 20 years - I calmed myself down comforting myself that the events never happened, and they only seem real because they keep coming back in my dreams - usually whilst I am fevered.

I was fevered, stuck some decongestant up my nose then slept on the sofa so my laboured breathing wouldn't be a problem.

I had a big meeting today, and I forgot my human impression kit (decongestant spray) so spent £7 on some pills and sprays at the CO-OP, then eventually got to the station.

I made the train, but didn't have enough time to get a ticket - I looked into each carriage as it passed by to try and find a ticket inspector to get a ticket, but no luck. I went to get my off peak ticket on the platform. "Sorry bud, but we now charge full price. We were told to start doing it yesterday." wonderful. 2+ decades and they decided to change it without any publicity. £2.50 off peak becomes £4 - and I worked locally to save the firm purse a whole £1.50. Immediately upon leaving I noticed, despite saying I needed to claim it back - they didn't give me a receipt. So £4 from my purse. Great. Always. Cycle.

Make it to the door of the building, the instruction is "call this number and I will show you in". No response. Nobody comes. It is very cold. Someone lets me in, and I start looking for the office. They all recognise the name, but don't know where they are based. I ring the phone, but no phone can be heard ringing. One person knows a woman who knows everyone - they go to the mailbox and, yay, a letter for the chap. Room 239. I look for the room. 238... 240... look at the floorplan. That room doesn't exist.

Over an hour later I leave and a colleague notices an email from them saying they are unwell. I suspected, but there we go.

Boss wants the work based on this by Friday, or so I discover tonight at 10pm - so being sick is no longer an option. He communicates this on a holiday approval. "I have approved this, but I need this by Friday". A weird way of doing a condition - if you are going to blackmail someone, don't approve it first?

I get back to my base for the day, and I have enough time for a nip to the post office depot to get those shoes I ordered. The stern lady said I couldn't have them because I don't have the red sheet about having failed to deliver it. I explained I couldn't have booked redelivery because the site failed. I didn't have any angry left in me, but why the hell could they not give me it with my driving license with my face, address and name on it. Supposedly coming tomorrow.

I don't feel well, and I have to work and I don't really have it in me, especially after all that.

Apologies again. One of those days.

Apologies but I need to get this bad day in a wee box and let go.

I woke up at about 3 after a recurring nightmare that I have had for the last 20 years - I calmed myself down comforting myself that the events never happened, and they only seem real because they keep coming back in my dreams - usually whilst I am fevered.

I was fevered, stuck some decongestant up my nose then slept on the sofa so my laboured breathing wouldn't be a problem.

I had a big meeting today, and I forgot my human impression kit (decongestant spray) so spent £7 on some pills and sprays at the CO-OP, then eventually got to the station.

I made the train, but didn't have enough time to get a ticket - I looked into each carriage as it passed by to try and find a ticket inspector to get a ticket, but no luck. I went to get my off peak ticket on the platform. "Sorry bud, but we now charge full price. We were told to start doing it yesterday." wonderful. 2+ decades and they decided to change it without any publicity. £2.50 off peak becomes £4 - and I worked locally to save the firm purse a whole £1.50. Immediately upon leaving I noticed, despite saying I needed to claim it back - they didn't give me a receipt. So £4 from my purse. Great. Always. Cycle.

Make it to the door of the building, the instruction is "call this number and I will show you in". No response. Nobody comes. It is very cold. Someone lets me in, and I start looking for the office. They all recognise the name, but don't know where they are based. I ring the phone, but no phone can be heard ringing. One person knows a woman who knows everyone - they go to the mailbox and, yay, a letter for the chap. Room 239. I look for the room. 238... 240... look at the floorplan. That room doesn't exist.

Over an hour later I leave and a colleague notices an email from them saying they are unwell. I suspected, but there we go.

Boss wants the work based on this by Friday, or so I discover tonight at 10pm - so being sick is no longer an option. He communicates this on a holiday approval. "I have approved this, but I need this by Friday". A weird way of doing a condition - if you are going to blackmail someone, don't approve it first?

I get back to my base for the day, and I have enough time for a nip to the post office depot to get those shoes I ordered. The stern lady said I couldn't have them because I don't have the red sheet about having failed to deliver it. I explained I couldn't have booked redelivery because the site failed. I didn't have any angry left in me, but why the hell could they not give me it with my driving license with my face, address and name on it. Supposedly coming tomorrow.

I don't feel well, and I have to work and I don't really have it in me, especially after all that.

Apologies again. One of those days.

No need to apologise xxx

Sending :hugs: from me and purrs and furry head bops from Poppy & Lexi

Top Bottom