Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh, and it has finally stopped raining here.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
How does that app work then, in a nutshell?
That would be a nutshell that goes in my compost heaps, wouldn't it?
It probably works best in cities because there are more food outlets. In fact, I don't know whether it has a use away from London. You tell it where you are and it shows you which local food outlets have spare capacity. In my case, bread which would have been sold for over £10 was to be had for £3.50. What you get is pretty much pot luck. You pay in advance online and roll up.

I live on the 5th floor so I can't advise you about nut composting.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, round here it would be the old-fashioned way of just turning up at the baker's and looking at the bagged up rolls that are to be sold that day.
^_^

Probs the same at the Butcher's but the items at the Candlestick Maker have a longer shelf life. I could of-course wax lyrical about the independent shops that there are in this town, but I will stop here. :unsure:

slow scot

Veteran
Yes, round here it would be the old-fashioned way of just turning up at the baker's and looking at the bagged up rolls that are to be sold that day.
^_^

Probs the same at the Butcher's but the items at the Candlestick Maker have a longer shelf life. I could of-course wax lyrical about the independent shops that there are in this town, but I will stop here. :unsure:
You could wax lyrical about most Candlestick Makers!
Where's my coat, I'm just going.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'm back out .
Schrodie has just given me some face rubs and is now settling down for a nap on my lap .

BT have contacted me to say that there is a problem with our internet. :ohmy:. That's funny as we are not with them ! :ohmy:
Scammers, I bet they called themselves a British Telecom engineer (despite it being BT for years) we've had em trying to get remote access to the computer........................kept em on the phone for over an hour. :angel:

It probably works best in cities because there are more food outlets. In fact, I don't know whether it has a use away from London. You tell it where you are and it shows you which local food outlets have spare capacity. In my case, bread which would have been sold for over £10 was to be had for £3.50. What you get is pretty much pot luck. You pay in advance online and roll up.

I live on the 5th floor so I can't advise you about nut composting.

Ah, the techie version of scouring the shelves for yellow stickers peeking at you seductively, enticing you to buy... :laugh:

@Andy in Germany did you get the job?

Thanks for asking.

I suspect not, partly because some of the job would be a carers job involving taking people out of wheelchairs and putting them on the bog, [Edit: which I'm not trained to do and I don't have the upper body strength] and partly because it involved driving, although probably not at the same time.

I'll be calling a couple of places I applied to (including the one in the next town that I'd like to work for) and see what they say...

Last edited:
Thanks for asking.

I suspect not, partly because some of the job would be a carers job involving taking people out of wheelchairs and putting them on the bog, and partly because it involved driving, although probably not at the same time.

I'll be calling a couple of places I applied to (including the one in the next town that I'd like to work for) and see what they say...

Also, I came back by bike. My legs hurt.

Top Bottom