Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Doing away with the internal combustion engined vehicles sounds fine !
But what is the government going to do about all the revenue it will lose from road tax and fuel duty ?

As "Road tax" is Motor Vehicle Excise Duty ie: a payment to cover the cost of an activity to society as a whole, then road pricing, based on where and when people are driving, seems a rather more sensible solution to make sure that users of these heavy and inefficient vehicles pay for what they use.

Lullabelle

Banana
Today's lesson involves hit water and teabags...you are supposed to put both in the teapot :dry:

D

Deleted member 26715

But what is the government going to do about all the revenue it will lose from road tax and fuel duty ?
As "Road tax" is Motor Vehicle Excise Duty ie: a payment to cover the cost of an activity to society as a whole, then road pricing, based on where and when people are driving, seems a rather more sensible solution to make sure that users of these heavy and inefficient vehicles pay for what they use.
People with big noses should be worries, they will soon try to tax fresh air, if they are able to find any.

But on a serious note, just do away with VED altogether & add it as an extra tax on fuel at the pumps, that way the people who use the most pay the most, problem they will say is it penalises the rural dweller more.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Dont tell that to @Phaeton .

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Car related, the winds have meant no ferries for a few days, my LDV Maxus van needs a cam sensor, it doesn't start well, I have a new job on Tuesday delivering stuff in the van, the knock on effect of the lack of ferries is that parts have not been delivered, my mechanic has a workshop full of vehicles all waiting for parts, mine is towards the bottom of the list :sad::sad:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Pan fried some tinned pilchards with a couple of shallots bit of chilli, garlic some capers , lemon juice and a ton of black pepper on toast.

Might not look it but was mighty fine for lunch.

DSC_0002.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom