Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I've somehow found myself at a country music gig and am actually enjoying it. :ohmy:

Is this what happens when you pass 40?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Seems police have closed some roads in Cambridge so some schoolkids can have a camp on a roundabout.

1.jpg

Still a bit too much banging & bumping for me at this level, as I keep saying if I want to see contact motor racing there's stockcars & BTCC

The car design doesn't exactly help - they've just released the Gen 2 evo car for next season, and they've totally changed the front wing assembly. Wheels are no longer faired in, and the wing is designed to break with minimal contact.

I actually don't mind the elbows out racing - it's what you generally get on street circuits anyway, plus it adds to the needle between drivers. If the FIA wanted it to be totally non-contact, they wouldn't be running the series on the tracks that they do.

And I'd rather see this kind of racing than the farce that F1 has become...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Morning all well that was a washed out weekend , my heart goes out to anyone who suffered from storm Dennis

D

Deleted member 26715

@Phaeton those pictures are horrendous I can't start to think what it must be like to be flooded like that :sad:
Not quite sure why you'd leave your car there, unless of course they were on holiday, you'd logically move it to higher ground before the flood.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Snowdonia in storm Dennis wasn't too bad. Did a good 4 hours walk on Saturday and another 3 yesterday. 16 out Saturday, but only 6 on Sunday.

Saturday was wet. Started in Bedgellert, and walked to Gellert's grave, then along the river. Underfoot was tarmac and stone to start as we followed the river. The guide warned us the next 20 minutes were a bit tricky - we were clambering over rocks right next to the river. Some folk were a little unnerved by it as the river was pretty rough and fast flowing. No-one fell in, and we then tracked up into the forest as the wind was quite low in the valley (it was rough in Llanberis). There was a steady climb through the trees, but the guide pushed people on as the wind was picking up, and she didn't want anyone flattened by trees. At the summit we had some spectacular views, but the wind was now howling, so we made out way along the ridge and back to Bedgellert. Some folk fancied an extended walk, but the weather really turned in the last 30 minutes, and we all dived in the cars to get back to the guest house to get warm and dry. The drive over Llanberis Pass was spectacular, instant waterfalls every where, even onto the roads. The road was a torrent, and the stream was a raging river. The guide said she'd not seen it that bad before. Fortunately we got back before some of the roads flooded.

Day two saw most folk drop out, some opting to go to Conwy Castle. Today's walk was to a castle near the Electric Mountain, then a long walk through the woods opposite Llanberis Lake, then return along the shore.

Top Bottom