Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I found the brakes to be very poor at slowing me down! I found that I had to use engine braking by dropping down a couple of gears .

Always my technique! It doesn't work so well on a 1L 3 cylinder engine!

In other news, having turned the water pump down the garden off, it is now raining again! Still I had a nice walk round Leek this morning.

D

Deleted member 1258

How can rain come down horizontally?

Its got a good wind behind it thats blowing it horizontal, or you're traveling at a great rate of knots and it appears to be horizontal.

I need to tidy up the toggles on my hoodie.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
If you are on a bike Extinction rebellion are quite chatty and will happily let you through.
It's an evening gig and I don't know when it will finish, so will be driving up - I'll be 2 or 3 miles from Cambridge station, the last train leaves at 22:45, gets to Ipswich around midnight and I'd still be 10 miles from home so the train is out of the question. In the unlikely eveny they do extend the protest, I have the option of sticking a bike in the boot of the car, using the Newmarket Road or Milton park & ride sites and biking in from there.

As an aside, they've dug up the lawn at Trinity College as a protest against an industrial park on land the college owns vary local to me, on the same day that the plans were rejected by the public inquiry inspector :banghead:

Top Bottom