Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
White sack and black bin bags out for the morn.

That's general waste, I assume, plus what else?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Having the afternoon free after my brother in law's father's funeral, I decided to cut the grass - it's the first time that I can remember needing to do it this early in the year. I now have 4 charity sacks full of grass clipping to take to the recycling centre on Thiursday (it's closed on Wednesdays).

I then had to cut back the Fuschias as the ones in the front garden have started to bud out and those in the back garden were showing full leaf growth, so that was another sack ful, and there's still the lavender bushes to do...
I had snow on the ground here until yesterday. Leaves? I've forgotten what those look like.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I was reading a post in an Australian cycling forum just now, in which a cyclist described a particularly nasty case of road rage by a motorist towards him, and suddenly I felt very stressed and upset. Even reading about incidents like this affects me quite a bit, now. I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me. :sad:

I was reading a post in an Australian cycling forum just now, in which a cyclist described a particularly nasty case of road rage by a motorist towards him, and suddenly I felt very stressed and upset. Even reading about incidents like this affects me quite a bit, now. I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me. :sad:

Not necessarily, it could be just that you have a lot of empathy.

I have a trait known as sensory processing sensitivity, shared to some level or other by an estimated 15-20% of the population, so I tend to empathise strongly with other people's emotions. I can't even watch movies without being overwhelmed. There's nothing wrong with this, in fact it also has advantages, but it can make life difficult.

Last edited:
Back from the Interview in Rottweil, which it turns out is a very nice place.

Two calls to make tomorrow...

Calls made. First one says they will probably get funding but not until June, showing that the Job Centre in Germany is as dopey as it's British counterpart.

Next question: do I restart a dormant application with an organisation in Freiburg? I wasn't rushing because it's a pretty expensive place to live but on the other hand it's a very bike friendly place, has good public transport, and I can get a lof of fun by using their flag on my bike...

Calls made. First one says they will probably get funding but not until June, showing that the Job Centre in Germany is as dopey as it's British counterpart.

Next question: do I restart a dormant application with an organisation in Freiburg? I wasn't rushing because it's a pretty expensive place to live but on the other hand it's a very bike friendly place, has good public transport, and I can get a lof of fun by using their flag on my bike...
I called them The Nearly Earning Centre.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Take up MTB riding. Just watch out for speeding Roo's, snakes on the trail, and big bitey spiders (OK the little ones are the nasty ones). All we have to worry about in the UK is dog walkers on extending leads (not the dog).

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable

Very apt flag, indeed!

Top Bottom