Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had an Agfa like that, was pretty good.

Mine's an Epson 2540 - still going strong, although there are a few spots of mould under the scan plate. Nothing a bit of photoshopping can't solve though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We had a decent Canon Scanner, but with various windows upgrades it wasn't supported. We've got an old ish HP Photo Smart all in one that works very well and scans direct to pdf which is handy for legal documents. We use copy inks with about 95% success (occasionally get a duff one, but at £2 a cartridge, it's not the £15 HP want).

Kryton521

Über Member
'56 toyota Yaris.

Thought the front tires were worn and needed replacing but...... Shocks not just cracked but actually broken?! Rear sub-frame, {What's that?} rotted away to a dangerous level??? And the list just went on.
The garage I took it to, didn't charge me for MOT or anything just half hour labour which I thought really good of them.
Waiting for recovery/salvage truck to take it away. £111 return from £2000+. Cars? Waste of money and clean air! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

We had a decent Canon Scanner, but with various windows upgrades it wasn't supported. We've got an old ish HP Photo Smart all in one that works very well and scans direct to pdf which is handy for legal documents. We use copy inks with about 95% success (occasionally get a duff one, but at £2 a cartridge, it's not the £15 HP want).

I've still got a Canon printer that's the same vintage as the scanner. I buy the copy inks for it as well - pay the same for a complete set of six cartridges what Canon want for just the one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
'56 toyota Yaris.

Thought the front tires were worn and needed replacing but...... Shocks not just cracked but actually broken?! Rear sub-frame, {What's that?} rotted away to a dangerous level??? And the list just went on.
The garage I took it to, didn't charge me for MOT or anything just half hour labour which I thought really good of them.
Waiting for recovery/salvage truck to take it away. £111 return from £2000+. Cars? Waste of money and clean air! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Ouch. Possibly an issue way before you got it. Yaris's aren't generally prone to rust, unless it's never been hosed off underneath - our '99 was perfect at 18 years old before we sold it - it's still running about locally. And the shocks, again, most likely broken before.

I was stung for 4 new tyres this year. Loads of tread, 4 years old, looked after, but 3 had developed splits in the side walls.

'56 toyota Yaris.

Sorry to hear that !
I do most of my own mechanical work but last year's mot foxed me on the way back for a re test . I heard a bang as I set off but thought it was just the brake shoes unsticking . Driving along the road I dabbed the brakes and the car almost shot off to one side ! I crawled to the mot station . Doing the re test they discovered that the front wishbone had sheared off ! I let them fit a new one .

Ouch. Possibly an issue way before you got it. Yaris's aren't generally prone to rust, unless it's never been hosed off underneath - our '99 was perfect at 18 years old before we sold it - it's still running about locally. And the shocks, again, most likely broken before.

I was stung for 4 new tyres this year. Loads of tread, 4 years old, looked after, but 3 had developed splits in the side walls.
These mot testers have never seen " The World's Fastest Indian ". Over 200 mph on tyres with splits in .

Last edited:

Kryton521

Über Member
These not testers have never seen " The World's Fastest Indian ". Over 200 mph on tyres with splits in .

It had one previous owner; No, it really had. Probably an old man/woman as they'd clearly never taken their foot off the clutch so that had to be replaced.
My "Old" Yaris, 02. I've just brought back off my Sister/Niece and it's still in perfect condition, except the scrape on the rear bumper which I did at a bike park in Wales when it was still brand new :blush:
So yes, definitely think I was sold a bad one!

D

Deleted member 26715

Not good, are you anywhere near the sea, or did the car come from anywhere near the sea? Look at it another I know it's not good to lose £1400 but you've had 12 months running out of that, some people pay that for 3 months on a PLP/PCP/PIP or whatever the acronym is.

Top Bottom