Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
After a moment or two of uncharacteristic peckishness I can now report that the Smiths salt and vinegar crisps (7 a pack at Poundland) were far superior to the Walkers salt and vinegar crisps (Lidl, no idea how much though).

postman

Legendary Member
Well with this self isolating thing,i have spent more time gardening.It looks lovely,all weeded lawn cut and edged,i don't think a weed dare pop it's head up.My neighbour has gone away to see his GF parents.So i have weeded his front garden and cut and edged his lawn,notice no close contact he is away.Today i have been over on the land weeding,his and ours.Created him a border and opened up the compacted soil around our new hedge,which is coming along nicely.Shame is WE ARE NOT going to any garden centres.Not worth the risk.Keep safe one and all.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I'm hoping the Council haven't cancelled the recycling collection tomorrow as they have with the green bins. Mine's full and out already.

Back to work tomorrow for a rest from housework.

Brown & silver bins out, ready. Last week, next door brought the bin in - I wasn't concentrating!

In other news, car collected for servicing & MOT, just in time as they are closing next week. Missus wanted to cycle to pharmacy for prescription, so went with her. First ride this year & all of 1.8 miles. Why am I feeling tired?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Lovely and bright here, but very windy.

I dropped my toast during breakfast.

I have to wonder at the frequency with which someone as talented as you drops your toast. :laugh:

BTW, which side down?

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I've had my first day as (home)school teacher today with my two kids. My respect for school teachers has increased significantly (like 10,000%).

Oh, and until today, I thought I was good at fractions... :blush: (more embarrassing is that this was primary school work! :eek: )

Plus, my son's Spanish pronunciation is abysmal. We'll have to work on that. :wacko:

Day 2 of self-isolating school room tomorrow. I can't wait... :cry:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
How is the little, or not so little now, kitten that you found a home for, complete with older brother?
Thanks for asking, the kitten we found , Charlie is fabulous, he lives with Snowy and they’re best buddies , even better though, Charlie is a very cuddly cat and adores his new owner.

Charlie.

I’m also pleased to report that his brother, Winter, who was found separately a few days earlier lives two doors down and is a brazen little thing that fights with Suki the French Bulldog who shares his house.

Winter.

Top Bottom