Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Work on my model has stalled for the moment but this is as far as I have got to at the moment . I have started to put some balsa sheet underneath as I have changed my idea of how to take a mould from it .
Big brother with the little one from which I took the measurements.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've changed both beds, our lad visited us at the weekend so two beds to change instead of one, mucky sheets in the washing machine and clean sheets on the beds.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Wind and rain and have to go do some food shopping. I have a stock of disposable gloves I kept for the bikes but they will be changing duties. Could wash them I suppose but they could contaminate the steering wheel in the car unless I remove them which means inside out and then having to turn the other way round opening the way for contamination again. Dump them I think but how long will my supply last?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I’ve been gardening, it’s a nice day and I’m wearing a T-shirt. However, I loath gardening, my dislike of gardening has no limit. I wouldn’t mind if once finished I didn’t have to do it again for a few years, like decorating, but you don’t, it’s a constant chore. Gardening is something up with which I find difficult to put.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I’ve been gardening, it’s a nice day and I’m wearing a T-shirt. However, I loath gardening, my dislike of gardening has no limit. I wouldn’t mind if once finished I didn’t have to do it again for a few years, like decorating, but you don’t it’s a constant chore. Gardening is something up with which I find difficult to put.

I'm looking forward to spending time in the garden, its waking up after the winter and I'm eager to find out whats survived the winter and what hasn't and what condition they're in.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I’ve cut the grass. This afternoon I’m determined to do some I like doing.

Reynard

Guru
I've filled up the various wood bins in the house. I have separate ones for different sizes; kindling, small to medium, split chunks and large lumps.

I have also made bread for myself - soda bread in this instance, as I had a carton of buttermilk that wanted using.

Will have to venture out shortly to pick up mum's prescription. Currently debating whether to take the bike or the car.

Reynard

Guru
Work on my model has stalled for the moment but this is as far as I have got to at the moment . I have started to put some balsa sheet underneath as I have changed my idea of how to take a mould from it .
Big brother with the little one from which I took the measurements. View attachment 510124

I think you'll probably have to do that mould in two halves - top half and bottom half. What you use to make the mould depends on what you'll be making the casting (and I use that term loosely) from. Plus you'll want to make sure that you can get the mould off the former - in this case the wood, so that might preclude some materials being used.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Just back home after having the dogs vaccinated ( rabies not C. virus ) ! Car stopped by the Gendarmes at a crossroad on the way to the vet. Very pretty young woman gendarme wanted to see my "Attestation" which l had filled in slightly incorrectly. She was most amused that l had declared that l was walking with the dog for l'activité physique individuelle instead of engaging in liste sur gouvernement.fr. activité. Saw her again on the way home and she waved and smiled ...made my day , silly old fool that l am !

Top Bottom