Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You know you're just having one of *those* days when you open your bottle of masking fluid only to find that it has congealed into one solid lump... :cry:

After several years of being officially "unable to work" then getting rehabilitation and retraining I'm finally earning a living wage again. More importantly after I send this month's bank statement to the Job centre and show them I'm earning money, we don't have to keep giving them all our financial details to go through with a fine toothcomb.

Beautiful Wife can accept more customers for music lessons without the Job Centre taking most of what she earns.

We aren't out of the woods financially just yet and there's a fair bit of paperwork still to do, but It's probably a similar feeling of freedom to when you make the last mortgage payment on a house...

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bath hot water tap has been 'working loose'. anyway it's very loose so time to tighten it up. Not the easiest of jobs as the side of the bath is tiled. Prising the 'panel' off usually knocks of a number of tiles and they need re-grouting.

Had to repair it urgently to stop leaks. Side off and two tiles came off as expected. My daughter held onto tap whilst I crawled under the bath and eventually got a tap wrench to grab the top hat. Having had stupid plastic top hats fail, I'd used copper this time. All tight, and side panel re-grouted and back in place. Way too hot for jobs like that.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm in the NS& I queuing system.

Top Bottom