Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Today I have cleared an outside grey water drain.
As a result it now ... drains!

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
After several years of being officially "unable to work" then getting rehabilitation and retraining I'm finally earning a living wage again. More importantly after I send this month's bank statement to the Job centre and show them I'm earning money, we don't have to keep giving them all our financial details to go through with a fine toothcomb.

Beautiful Wife can accept more customers for music lessons without the Job Centre taking most of what she earns.

We aren't out of the woods financially just yet and there's a fair bit of paperwork still to do, but It's probably a similar feeling of freedom to when you make the last mortgage payment on a house...
Fantastic! Very pleased for you @Andy in Germany :becool:

After several years of being officially "unable to work" then getting rehabilitation and retraining I'm finally earning a living wage again. More importantly after I send this month's bank statement to the Job centre and show them I'm earning money, we don't have to keep giving them all our financial details to go through with a fine toothcomb.

Beautiful Wife can accept more customers for music lessons without the Job Centre taking most of what she earns.

We aren't out of the woods financially just yet and there's a fair bit of paperwork still to do, but It's probably a similar feeling of freedom to when you make the last mortgage payment on a house...

Yayyyy!!! So pleased for you!!! :wahhey:

I'll raise my :cuppa: in your honour xxx

You'll probably know the answer to this then: I did a gig a few years ago at an Imperial College building but it wasn't there. I seem to remember it was near to Baker Street. Does that sound possible?

Must have been related to the St Mary's medical lot. One of the ladies' fencing team was a medic who didn't have lectures on campus, the rest of us on the team were assorted engineering students.

I spent my 5 years there in the Mech Eng building on Exhibition Road smashing bits of racing car to smithereens.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Must have been related to the St Mary's medical lot. One of the ladies' fencing team was a medic who didn't have lectures on campus, the rest of us on the team were assorted engineering students.

I spent my 5 years there in the Mech Eng building on Exhibition Road smashing bits of racing car to smithereens.
Ah, likely, there were med students around.

Top Bottom