Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And a bunch of strange symbols on the RHS.

Very similar design to the special typewriters that were used in the telegraph office. They were capitals only and had a very limited set of non alphabetic characters.
As some of the accents are lower case I'd guess that there's a shift key out of shot. Polish, I assume.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Morning.
Feeling sleepy this morning after a broken night's sleep .
We were woken by a high pitched noise! Not knowing if it was part of a dream we looked at one another for clarification. We assumed smoke alarm ! My wife assumed as it was only a brief one peep that it was caused by an open window . Once convinced that everything was fine we went back to sleep. Nicely fast asleep it went off again ! :angry: A tour of the house followed. It didn't go off again . We are assuming that the battery is on it's way out .

Our dog was an excellent pointer to the need for a new smoke alarm battery. We eventually decided it must put out a very high pitched squeak when it was almost flat.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Who's got the thunder then. Rain started here at 01:17, but there's thunder in the air.

When this clears, it'll be warmer than last weekend.

Edited to add
Rain stopped at 02:36

Rain here, but no thunder. Deliciously cool. I am wearing socks & tee shirt (free, from my last employer).

Speicher

Vice Admiral
No rush whatsoever but please do

I have looked at my Kiva Loan history. I have made about 40 loans, and about three of those have defaulted, or not been repaid. There were some currency losses, but I have not counted those. It is inevitable that some countries are going to have volatile currency exchange rates.

The minimum amount to lend is $25, and they ask for a donation of about $4 for their admin costs, and overseas staff costs. I have not loaned 40 times $25, as when loans are repaid, I choose another loan. I can read the Field Updates for the borrowers.

If you register with Kiva, you do not get inundated with emails. You get notified when you receive repayments. The website is very informative, and you can choose the sort of categories you would like to support. For instance shelter (housing), education, and health. You can also choose a country, or Underbanked areas, conflict zones areas, and crisis support loans.

I would suggest you have a look at the website, they can explain the process much better. I hope you find it interesting.

Not the best night's sleep again, and my eyes are incredibly itchy today. Hey ho...

I have loaded up the slow cooker with carrots, leeks, celery, onion, garlic, bay, sage, pepper, stock and half a dozen faggots. :hungry:

Some c**t has tipped a load of builders waste outside my gate, and in order to put up a temporary roadworks sign for stuff going on further down the road, the water board's workmen have cut back my hedge and the cherry tree on the corner without asking for permission first. I have a mind to ram a sabre up someone's jacksy right now. And yes, I'm on my monthly, so it comes with added pissed-offness.

I have not yet taken my daily photograph for the challenge.

Top Bottom