Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Right, bed, in the hope of a vaguely early start and bike ride before it gets too hot outside tomorrow.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Invaded Wales today. Despite our caravan site saying they had been cuting the grass - they hadn't. Grass was a foot high. Fortunately had taken my trusty old strimmer from home as the one at the van won't cut anything. We've all come back to find a mess, so the site has lied to us. Taken £4k in fees for nothing. Grrr.

But, it was so nice to sit in my parent's caravan's garden with them and my sister and BIL. My dad's birthday tomorrow = more of the same ! We all turned up with hand sanitiser, then if needed the loo, we went back to out own vans. 3 of us have vans on the same site.

gbb

Legendary Member
Went to Ely today, never been, just fancied a little drive and a relaxed walk around. On the way back my wife suggested we drop into Sainsburys to pick up so e bread...no problem.
We came out £72 lighter.....ooh she said, we could get 2 of the grandkids some school uniform bits and bobs.

Ever felt it was destined...but you just didsnt realise it until it was too late :smile:

Went to Ely today, never been, just fancied a little drive and a relaxed walk around. On the way back my wife suggested we drop into Sainsburys to pick up so e bread...no problem.
We came out £72 lighter.....ooh she said, we could get 2 of the grandkids some school uniform bits and bobs.

Ever felt it was destined...but you just didsnt realise it until it was too late :smile:

Welcome to my neck of the woods :hello:

Hope you enjoyed puttering about town. Even if your wallet didn't...

Well, if you're expecting it to be sunny for the ride that rain 'all turn up. You realise that, don't you?

Ah, the Yorkshire weather service is working as well as ever, I see.

I'm working on the hypothesis that if I'm quick the weather won't have noticed I'm out until it's too late.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Up and about (too) early ready for the drive to Brands Hatch for day 2 of the HSCC meeting. Highlights of yesterday - walking through Dingle Dell during practice and having my ears assaulted by a group consisting of a DSV powered F1 Hesketh, big V8 powered Chevron F5000 and a raucous March F2. Then in the next session the thunderous noise of 8 litres of Chevrolet V8 in a McLaren M8F CanAm monster at full chat along the start finish straight.

Top Bottom