Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It would make operating the locks from underwater quite difficult
Ah! You would have to sneak through just when a narrow boat goes through. :whistle:

View attachment 535383

I should have been doing boring stuff* this evening.

For someone who has lived here for 20 years I don't half do a good impression of the "Englishman abroad" sometimes...

*Like tidy up that blue bin bag, for a start...
I think your copy of ‘The Lynton & Barnsaple Railway 1895-1935’ beats my copy of ‘Two Hundred Popular Flies’ into a cocked-hat for mundaneness. :okay:

It hasn't taken the airline companies long to make the skies milky again. :angry:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
1594553009095.png

Had some weather, yesterday. This wall cloud came near my house, had dime-sized hail for a good bit, as well as some rain. Between that and another rain/wind event that evening, 1.3 inches of rain. At least the wall cloud did not produce a tornado.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
My dad told the story from his school days of a teacher spotting a student about to start a lathe with the key still in. Said teacher gathered the class around for a lesson on the importance of removing chuck keys before switching lathes on. Then switched the lathe on.
Apparently the sound of the key smashing the window was soon drowned by the cheers of the class...

Interestingly, the teleprinters I worked on had a similar hazard. The were provided with a governor attached to the end of the motor & a switch on one side of the +/- 80v centre earthed supply. Adjusting the governor was carried out by inserting a screwdriver into the hole in the (earthed) governor housing. Shorting the adjusting screw to earth would cause the motor to start and possibly fling the screwdriver across the workshop.

Top Bottom