Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning.
It is grey here . I'm in no rush to get up at the moment . I might go and make another :cuppa:.

Le Mans done.

Streaming British GT from Donny

And about to tackle BTCC race 2 from Thruxton.

I've switched from tea to coffee as staying awake is becoming a challenge.

postman

Legendary Member
Oh Postman and Mrs P have volunteered to clean up a church building garden.Oh dear.We had not seen it before saying yes.So first sight oh my word.60' long 18' foot wide.Out of control greenery shambles rubble rubbish mess.I am 70 and this is the worst garden I have ever seen. no skips, so first half of the garden the mess is just stacked up against a wall.So that now means double handling.plus only six people to work the area we need twice that many..plus bad access means spade rake and cutting work only manual.it's going to take months as only Saturday afternoons are scheduled.oh dear.A mini digger would have been amazing.Just found out skips will be coming.As Postman and Mrs P fought against bonfiring it all. Not good for the neighbours or air quality.

Last edited:
Went for a short ride earlier, and in Riegel, a smallish town to the north of here, they were holding the "Riegel giveaway day": Everyone with stuff to give away had a table at the end of their drive and a standard sign, and children and families were going through the village looking at the offered freebies... Not sure about the social distancing, but it was very sweet.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Went for a short ride earlier, and in Riegel, a smallish town to the north of here, they were holding the "Riegel giveaway day": Everyone with stuff to give away had a table at the end of their drive and a standard sign, and children and families were going through the village looking at the offered freebies... Not sure about the social distancing, but it was very sweet.
We have that over here too. It's called the day before garbage collection, and the day of.

Top Bottom