Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A little railfanning is also good for the soul.So is a lot of railfanning.

I came to the same conclusion this afternoon:

2020_09_19_Linesiding.JPG

The advantage of the local railway for railfanning is that a train usually comes by every few minutes so all I had to do was find a nice enough vantage point...

Speicher

Vice Admiral

classic33

Leg End Member
Managed to get the electric motors working on the pedal car . It turned out to be the 3 way control switch which was faulty . I took it apart to clean it in the hope of getting to work, but when I tried it it wouldn't behave so I have ordered a rocker switch to replace it .
It has come a long way since I found it lying discarded in a stream by the side of the road . About a mile actually! :whistle:
So when the new switch arrives I will be able to put it back together and clean it . My grandson wanted to play in it today but I had to tell him that it was in bits as I was working on it . I think he will like the new features , engine starting sound, horn and being able to drive around and crash into things .
I think it has cost about £25 including battery fuses and switch .
At least he'll not be able to say his first car cost a fortune.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I have spent most of the afternoon listening to Radio Le Mans while watching the Eurosport coverage with the sound turned off and will be doing something similar at work tomorrow morning. Unless actual work intervenes.

Then there's just the Aussie Supercars, BTCC and British GTs to catch up on for the rest of the week. It's a good job I don't have any other hobbies or interests.

I have spent most of the afternoon listening to Radio Le Mans while watching the Eurosport coverage with the sound turned off and will be doing something similar at work tomorrow morning. Unless actual work intervenes.

Then there's just the Aussie Supercars, BTCC and British GTs to catch up on for the rest of the week. It's a good job I don't have any other hobbies or interests.

No Eurosport here. So have Radio Le Mans, the live timing screen on the WEC website and the on board feed from one of the Dragonspeed cars.

Top Bottom