Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Having had a ride round the circuit at Elland this morning, steadily as I'm still not great: https://www.strava.com/activities/4210896165

This afternoon will be sorting out the bike parts shed. In trying to find the missing parts for my son's TT bike, along with the NeilPryde re-build much is now in piles on the floor.

It needed sorting anyway. Now I've an incentive to do so.

Oh, and SIS's new 'GO Energy Bake's are not as nice as they advertise. Dry, sticky with hardly any filling xx(

Last edited:

Kryton521

Über Member
SIS "Go energy bakes"? Can go do one! Horrible.

On my ride this morning I invented a new insult for stupid car driver; "Man with tiny penis desperate to show off the size of his c*ck!" Made me laugh! So did his driving actually as he wheel spun and accelerated to probably double the speed limit through the village.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I have insomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnia, so am curing that with a quiet, relaxing day and some sausage rolls with chilli sauce and lots of :cuppa:

Is that inability to sleep (recognise that) or the inability to stop eating (ditto) or the swapping of sleep for eating (happens when I've a pile of marking to do)? :tongue:

Anyway. Parts shed is tidied. Several youth cassettes and a youth chainring found and they can now go on sale this week. The solution? Put the new boxed tyres into a crate, leaving space for the rest.

It's surprising what you find: apparently I've got 3 LH Dura-Ace 9000 shifters and 1 RH one spare. Oh, and 5 LH Ultegra 6700 shifters and 3 RH ones. :blink: Not sure if all the Ultegra ones work though. Also, I thought I had a set of Ultegra 6800 in there. Clearly I don't :wacko:

But I did find about 6 Dura-Ace 9000 rear derailleurs, when I thought we'd only got 2 spare. And a DA 9000 front mech plus some other DA/Ultegra spares. Plus a couple of 3T Aeronova carbon bars: don't remember those either.

And if you're wondering just why I've so many spares: having a racing 16 year-old means there's a few bumps.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Street running is fascinating. I have seen it in Chur and in parts of Italy. I also have a photo of one in Germany, but will need to consult the archives to find out where it was, possibly somewhere near the Harz Mountains.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioj3ZvmZUeU
Nice pictures of the South Shore Line running in Michigan City, Indiana.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4EB2iZEz3A
At about 3:00, video of bi-level "Interurban" cars. South Shore is the last interurban line running in The States
The next to last train is carrying white flags, which marks it as a second section, a supplemental train to take care of overflow.

Last edited:
Is that inability to sleep (recognise that) or the inability to stop eating (ditto) or the swapping of sleep for eating (happens when I've a pile of marking to do)? :tongue:

I do believe you have it surrounded. ^_^

Anyway. Parts shed is tidied. Several youth cassettes and a youth chainring found and they can now go on sale this week. The solution? Put the new boxed tyres into a crate, leaving space for the rest.

It's surprising what you find: apparently I've got 3 LH Dura-Ace 9000 shifters and 1 RH one spare. Oh, and 5 LH Ultegra 6700 shifters and 3 RH ones. :blink: Not sure if all the Ultegra ones work though. Also, I thought I had a set of Ultegra 6800 in there. Clearly I don't :wacko:

But I did find about 6 Dura-Ace 9000 rear derailleurs, when I thought we'd only got 2 spare. And a DA 9000 front mech plus some other DA/Ultegra spares. Plus a couple of 3T Aeronova carbon bars: don't remember those either.

And if you're wondering just why I've so many spares: having a racing 16 year-old means there's a few bumps.

Hmm, sounds a lot like those of my friends who race and rally. You are not alone, not by a long shot. :laugh:

Anyways, I have completed my Burmese Cat Club judging engagement. :angel:

I also spent the afternoon watching the coverage from Goodwood. Just so lovely to see one of my all-time favourite racing cars (ex-Derek Warwick Arrows A11) being driven at full chat - *and* winning the one lap challenge.

Still maintain that the '89 Arrows A11 is one of the prettiest F1 cars ever built. :wub: One of Ross Brawn's "genius moments."

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I just cycled up two hills and went down two others thereby working up a thirst.

Then I bought some pakora and a red cabbage slaw, cycled home and ate them while watching the end of Inspector Montalbano.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
It was going well until I discovered that one of the wires in the new door loom had broken off from a connector . I had to strip out both wiring looms in the doors to swap them over . Once connected up everything was working , door lock, electric window , mirror and speaker . I need to order some plastic clips for the trim as they all broke . The colour doesn't look bad . The reason for all the rust in the old door was because it had had a new door skin in the past .

The mini didn't have a wiring loom in the door, thankfully.

Top Bottom